The CW reclaims Sunday nights

The Frog

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's interesting. I wonder if The CW will try to fill the Sunday schedule for at least part of the season with sitcoms. Other than a couple of short-lived summer efforts, the network basically abandoned scripted comedy when it canned The Game and Everybody Hates Chris in 2009. Unless their decision has partly to do with the fact that its dealing with the same issue as CBS, with so many shows doing reasonably well that space to make room for all of them is cramped with the current Monday-through-Friday-only schedule.

It will be the first network in history to air a two-hour block on Sundays from 8:00-10:00 p.m. AND start at 8:00, not 7:00 p.m.

I wonder if the FOX network will follow suit on this.

Um...Fox already airs 7pm-10pm (ET/PT). It's their animation night.

I had a premonition that they would eventually head back into Sunday nights. All we need is for them to add three hours back to the Sunday slot and it'll be good.

Actually, with 'EasyView,' they had five hours on Sundays at one point. It's probably best to start with two and see how it goes. I wouldn't be against bringing back 'EasyView' at some point however.

Idk but I’m glad they’re doing it. Maybe it will convince FOX to cut an hour as well.

Not going to happen. If anything, FOX would give back the late night Saturday hour before they would an hour on Sundays.

Yeah, that’s a pipedream if I’ve ever heard of it. The closest thing to that happening is affiliates airing games from teams in their markets.

That is why The CW didn't go to WXSP to many sports in 2006 The CW was one of the few stations that didn't sign on with UPN or The WB station. Although The WB was on a 22 hour delay on WZPX when they were Pax/I Network Freedom Broadcasting that owned WWMT used the .2 for The CW in 06 now Sinclair owns WWMT.

I was surprise that TV station groups would sign on and give The CW back Sunday Nights as it's hard to get those hours back once the networks gives it up. Glad that The CW is going to have a Sunday Night guessing a current shows will air at that time wouldn't mind if they did sitcoms Sundays or Fridays.

Archived