Rock Studio 1A and Cocktail Hour Studio

susquvalleywgal

I would love to see them get a new anchor desk. On a separate note does anyone thing they might be adding Craig Melvin to the Show as permeant fixture, he was on most every day durning the Olympics and was seen a lot before the olympic too recently. Mostly he contributed to Trending and appears on the Plaza with the rest of the gang.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston and Los Angeles all got dogs to train. I wonder what the selection criteria was for this.

The largest non-NBC-owned station (by one of the most prominent owners of NBC affiliates), a very strong affiliate, an incredibly weak O&O, and the 2nd largest market. Seems like a reasonable cross section.

The largest non-NBC-owned station (by one of the most prominent owners of NBC affiliates), a very strong affiliate, an incredibly weak O&O, and the 2nd largest market. Seems like a reasonable cross section.

Makes sense. They’ve done stuff with WBAL before like that Shine a Light project. The Weekend Today crew came down ever so often for a year to help out Baltimore through service projects and community engagement. Plus Baltimore is close enough to hop on the Acela and get there before noon. Same probably for Boston.

Maybe giving NBC affiliates different syndicated shows at the request of local affiliates? I haven't a clue what is going on at 30 Rock!

It's called "Station groups are getting cheap and syndication isn't selling." It's also called "More network programming equals more network ad revenue." Could also be known as "This is a business and we're trying to make money."

They are really making changes to the set but to me in HD world you need blue color hues to make HD television sets work. The orange color is not a good look.Do they still have a news presenter, that is one job they should get rid off. To me I think having all these hosts on one show is waste of time. Vice has done the right format in presenting news without needing personalities.

They are really making changes to the set but to me in HD world you need blue color hues to make HD television sets work. The orange color is not a good look.Do they still have a news presenter, that is one job they should get rid off. To me I think having all these hosts on one show is waste of time. Vice has done the right format in presenting news without needing personalities.

True about the orange and they got rid of the newsreader position.

Also the Vice style would never work on network TV. People need/want personalities. Vice is going for a completely different demo than morning shows.

True about the orange and they got rid of the newsreader position.

Also the Vice style would never work on network TV. People need/want personalities. Vice is going for a completely different demo than morning shows.

Network morning shows are on the decline though, too many commericals.

Good, I am glad the newsreader is gone it was an expendable position and I also think weather person is expendable nowadays cause people can use their apps to access the weather. CBS This Morning pans over to affiliates instead of getting a weather personality.

I'm curious about what their contingency plan is for when the inevitable day comes and there's unexpected news during the 10 AM ET hour that's big enough to justify a special report, but not so big that it's likely to blow out all of the delayed airings of the fourth hour. Put Savannah in 3A?

I'm curious about what their contingency plan is for when the inevitable day comes and there's unexpected news during the 10 AM ET hour that's big enough to justify a special report, but not so big that it's likely to blow out all of the delayed airings of the fourth hour. Put Savannah in 3A?

That's what 3C and the Newsroom studio are for.

That's what 3C and the Newsroom studio are for.

They’ve been known to kick the fourth hour upstairs.

Plus the third and fourth hour come from different control rooms. So a show could be produced upstairs and downstairs.

The Today show studio set is small compare to their other morning show counterparts. This renovation is an attempt to make the studio seem or appear larger then what it is.

True. The space was designed as a store or showroom. So they have low ceilings to work around. CBS This Morning has structural columns to work around and Good Morning America has different nooks.

The Today show studio set is small compare to their other morning show counterparts. This renovation is an attempt to make the studio seem or appear larger then what it is.

I wonder if they eventually could gut the space and combine the first and second floors similar to FOX News' Studio F?

I wonder if they eventually could gut the space and combine the first and second floors similar to FOX News' Studio F?

Originally there was an opening in one area but it was closed during the 2006 renovations to go HD and Meredith Vieira’s debut. I think it was in the cooking area.

I don’t think it will add much. They need some versatility and extra space for production and the second floor does just that.

Since I don’t receive the fourth hour I don’t know if they use the corner upstairs any more with the windows. It was the area where KLG and Hoda were based and Countdown with Keith Olberman.

One additional issue is that they don’t own the space that 1A occupies unlike the majority of 30 Rock.

They haven’t used that corner of the upstairs in years. They use the production area on the other side of the kitchen. I think they might be pretaping the 10a hour at 9am, so that Hoda is free for 7am west coast open if needed. I could have sworn I saw this on another site

Originally there was an opening in one area but it was closed during the 2006 renovations to go HD and Meredith Vieira’s debut. I think it was in the cooking area.

I don’t think it will add much. They need some versatility and extra space for production and the second floor does just that.

Since I don’t receive the fourth hour I don’t know if they use the corner upstairs any more with the windows. It was the area where KLG and Hoda were based and Countdown with Keith Olberman.

One additional issue is that they don’t own the space that 1A occupies unlike the majority of 30 Rock.

I think they purchase the studio 1a area the same time they purchased outright all the floors in 30 rock back in what 2010 or so

I've wondered this about Studio 1A...

Is the entire Today Show staff housed in that building where 1A sits (including control rooms), or is there an underground walkway that they use to get from the NBC Newsroom to 1A?

I've wondered this about Studio 1A...

Is the entire Today Show staff housed in that building where 1A sits (including control rooms), or is there an underground walkway that they use to get from the NBC Newsroom to 1A?

They use the underground concourse. I think the hosts have dressing rooms in 10 Rock and offices that aren’t really used in 30 Rock.

I think they purchase the studio 1a area the same time they purchased outright all the floors in 30 rock back in what 2010 or so

When they bought 30 Rock they got some benefits for 10 Rock such as not having to put everything away each night.

Edit: I think one of the stupid things they got in return of purchasing the majority of 30 Rock was leaving things like the microphone antennas (you can see them ontop of the doors they come) and probably having cable access points.

Archived