Rock Studio 1A and Cocktail Hour Studio

susquvalleywgal

I apologize if this is in another blog, but think they are doing something to any of the Today show studios since they are away for the Olympics?

Looks like Cocktail Hour studio is doing something since Kathie Lee and the (shortest straw in bunch at time of choosing) Jenny Bush is taking over Megan’s studio.

https://www.today.com/video/watch-kathie-lee-and-jenna-move-into-megyn-kelly-s-studio-1159547459669

Warning ... video is quite cringeworthy.

— Matt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to wonder if this is definitely a test to see if a studio audience works for "Kathie Lee & Hoda & Wine" (you have to know mom humor to get the video; I had no issues with it)...personally I love the show and if Megan hasn't worked out, this might be a worthy replacement if it works to take on Live! (which has become somnolent with Seacrest in the other seat).

Megyn Kelly Today never seemed to work out. To me, when I first started watching Kathie Lee and Hoda I thought that there was a live audience. So this already feels natural. With Megyn, she is the type of journalist that sadly belongs on MSNBC or NBC News’ Meet The Press. Now don’t get me wrong. Sunday Night W/ Megyn Kelly is a great show! I just feel that if that was in a time slot every Sunday night and not during the summer only, I believe that they can actually compete with 60 Minutes.

I apologize if this is in another blog, but think they are doing something to any of the Today show studios since they are away for the Olympics?

Looks like Cocktail Hour studio is doing something since Kathie Lee and the (shortest straw in bunch at time of choosing) Jenny Bush is taking over Megan’s studio.

https://www.today.com/video/watch-kathie-lee-and-jenna-move-into-megyn-kelly-s-studio-1159547459669

Warning ... video is quite cringeworthy.

— Matt

Over at ABC on GMA I hadn't watched in awhile, but I turn to GMA, and the audience is in the studio sitting at tables....The background looked glittery & over the top...It like the morning news was being done in nightclub...Have you seen this? Thoughts?????

Megyn Kelly Today never seemed to work out. To me, when I first started watching Kathie Lee and Hoda I thought that there was a live audience. So this already feels natural. With Megyn, she is the type of journalist that sadly belongs on MSNBC or NBC News’ Meet The Press. Now don’t get me wrong. Sunday Night W/ Megyn Kelly is a great show! I just feel that if that was in a time slot every Sunday night and not during the summer only, I believe that they can actually compete with 60 Minutes.

Speaking of Sunday Night, is there any word from NBC on that show coming back after the Olympics as Megyn promised? If so, it'll need a lot of retooling and possibly a new time slot, maybe 10/9 central.

Archived