VTS Productions

10Viewer

I feel like we've had a lot of info posted regarding some of the background of the music firms (Gari, Peters, Tuesday) but I don't believe I've seen much, if anything, about VTS Productions.

The themes listed on the NMSA are outstanding. Are they another West Coast/San Diego firm?

I feel like we've had a lot of info posted regarding some of the background of the music firms (Gari, Peters, Tuesday) but I don't believe I've seen much, if anything, about VTS Productions.

The themes listed on the NMSA are outstanding. Are they another West Coast/San Diego firm?

I don't know if they are from the West Coast.

These great themes used abroad were composed by them:

Network Ten (Australia)

CFTO (Toronto)

(music starts at 29:09)

I’d say the place where they did the most music packages would be their home base. For example, all three Big Three Utah stations used Non-Stop, and Peters and Tuesday have used at least two stations in their hometown of San Diego...

Asheville (Arden), North Carolina, with jingles sung in Dallas.

Hal Brown, by the way, also did voiceovers. Yes, there is a Hal Brown voiceover in the NMSA, and I believe that will cinch a composer ID of at least one and maybe two themes.

And yes, I'm gonna make you go hunting for it. (Hint: One station with no listed VTS packages using Brown over three separate packages)

I’d say the place where they did the most music packages would be their home base. For example, all three Big Three Utah stations used Non-Stop, and Peters and Tuesday have used at least two stations in their hometown of San Diego...

Interestingly, WLOS is the only station in the Western NC/Upstate SC market to use VTS as far as we know ('Count On').

Of course, several other stations in North Carolina have used VTS... WRAL, WSOC, and WFMY, and WGHP.

Interestingly, WLOS is the only station in the Western NC/Upstate SC market to use VTS as far as we know ('Count On').

Of course, several other stations in North Carolina have used VTS... WRAL, WSOC, and WFMY, and WGHP.

WYFF did have the "That's the Spirit" image campaign from VTS, but any news use has not been documented.

Hal Brown, by the way, also did voiceovers. Yes, there is a Hal Brown voiceover in the NMSA, and I believe that will cinch a composer ID of at least one and maybe two themes.

And yes, I'm gonna make you go hunting for it. (Hint: One station with no listed VTS packages using Brown over three separate packages)

Is he the unknown Cox Enterprises voiceover guy that also did VO work for KTXL and KCPQ? Cause Cox was a VTS client.

Is that station WAFF? It fits your description.

I'm in on this, but will not spoil it. I will say though, I've listened to those opens and that voice doesn't immediately call to my mind the voice I've heard over the phone. Do we actually know it's not just someone else with the same name?

Archived