KFMB Slow Death Thread

Eat News

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, EssDee_media said:

Not sure when it happened but noticed the Anchor shuffle on both CBS/CW at 5PM & 10PM

5PM Marcella Lee and Carlo Chechetto

630PM 7PM(CW) & 11PM no changes

10PM(CW) Barbara Lee Edwards & Marcella Lee

I believe that was only a one-day thing. Barbara-Lee was still doing the 5PM as of last week before Thanksgiving. In the open Marcella said she was in for Barbara-Lee. My guess is Barbara-Lee had to do something at 5 and was running late?

What I have noticed is that the 10PM vacant anchor spot rotates between Carlo and Barbara-Lee now weekly, and most likely will continue to do so until they're able to find a full-time 10PM anchor to join Marcella.

Also, for the past few weeks they have been re-airing the 6:30PM show at 7. It could be that when they do hire a 10PM anchor that they and Marcella will anchor the 7PM, or they're just going cheap.

2 hours ago, NotInTV said:

I believe that was only a one-day thing. Barbara-Lee was still doing the 5PM as of last week before Thanksgiving. In the open Marcella said she was in for Barbara-Lee. My guess is Barbara-Lee had to do something at 5 and was running late?

What I have noticed is that the 10PM vacant anchor spot rotates between Carlo and Barbara-Lee now weekly, and most likely will continue to do so until they're able to find a full-time 10PM anchor to join Marcella.

Also, for the past few weeks they have been re-airing the 6:30PM show at 7. It could be that when they do hire a 10PM anchor that they and Marcella will anchor the 7PM, or they're just going cheap.

I don't think there's an anchor shuffle. The holidays usually screw up the schedule pretty well.

As for the 7pm....they're going cheap. It's a permanent re-airing of the 6:30pm to cut costs.

1 hour ago, Eat News said:

KFMB Dish dispute

Who cares?

I sure don't care because I can find the same programming for free in many other places.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/39562535/attention-dish-customers

Waaaaaa, Waaaaaa,Waaaaaaaa!

I sent a letter saying I could care less.....

Dear C. Cutter,

Thank you for contacting us. 

We understand your frustration with these types of corporate disputes. We certainly don’t expect you to take sides in this negotiation.

Our goal is simply to reach a fair agreement with DISH through direct negotiations between our companies. That’s how we’ve reached hundreds of agreements with every other distributor in the country, including DIRECTV, Comcast, Spectrum and many others. We truly believe that if DISH is willing to negotiate with us, we can reach an agreement.

We know that while these negotiations are happening it can be tough on you. Our sole focus is getting a deal done as quickly as we can and keeping our viewers updated about the situation and the choices you have to get our programming. Any announcements about our negotiations with DISH will be made on our website, our Facebook page and our Twitter account. 

You can help resolve this matter. Call DISH at 1-855-512-7790 and tell them to keep KFMB.

Alternatively, KFMB has agreements with every other provider in our area, and we are always available free over-the-air. In addition, you can watch KFMB programming on many over-the-top (OTT) providers who offer instant access when you sign-up. Click here https://www.cbs8.com/ to learn more about your options.

Thank you for being a loyal part of our KFMB community.

The CBS8 Team

https://www.cbs8.com/
https://www.facebook.com/News8
https://twitter.com/cbs8/

I know this is meant to be a TV forum, but KFMB-FM has been slowly dropping it's KFM-BFM branding. It's been referred to recently as "100.7 San Diego". On the CBS8 homepage the logo for the FM station was updated to this, so a logo change may be coming:

13886122_G.png

(Largest resolution I could find)

The old logo is still present on the radio station website.

I wonder if Tegna is trying to de-emphasize the "KFMB" for the radio stations for a possible sale?

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, EssDee_media said:

Here at my station on FOX word is Nichelle Medina is out. Rumor was that she was not up for 30% salary cut and maybe heading across the street to KGTV 

She is the third on air talent to leave this year under Tegna

According to her Instagram, she's on "Medical leave". Although I imagined it may have to do with her contract...

Tegna continues to kill KFMB.

1 hour ago, EssDee_media said:

Here at my station on FOX word is Nichelle Medina is out. Rumor was that she was not up for 30% salary cut and maybe heading across the street to KGTV 

It’s official....she’s out!

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/12/11/another-tegna-anchor-gone-in-socal

11 hours ago, EssDee_media said:

Wouldn't across the street be Fox 5?

• 4 weeks later...

"Just Be The Grape"...

When I saw the outfit I thought "ohhhh God...here we go..."

But then it dawned on me that it was just  very well planned out by Neda and friends..

Neda Iranpour just pulled off the maternity fashion slam dunk.

No matter what a tv wx woman wears during maternity she is gonna get nasty and snarky emails from men...but mostly women.

Tonight Neda went on the air and wore a purple body suit type top.

She looked like a grape...but it actually worked beautifully!!!

GetFileAttachment.thumb.jpg.ad7912d2245978e4f083ca9695492427.jpg

She matched the graphics, and had a huge smile on her face during the entire show, and she got lots of airtime tonight because we have real actual "weather" here tonight.

nedagrapes3.thumb.jpg.eacb175bef15fbc8612ee826389f04b5.jpg

And for the haters...

She was the grape...be the grape...she owned it  and she rocked it well.

She can always say..."I'm the freaking grape, what the heck are you gonna do about it".

And something tells me 2 other ladies at KFMB may have been part of the overall "fruit" conspiracy tonight in the newsroom.

With Cherry...

Nedagrape2.thumb.jpg.89d6ee78bdc97b049cb1dd8919871587.jpg

And Berry...

moniquegrapes.thumb.jpg.c4e3abc5459d2e2d937c17ae4790bf50.jpg

Well executed ladies!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NotInTV said:

Is there any news about KFMB getting a new set? It's been 5-ish years since their last refresh.

No projects have been submitted or requested by KFMB to the SD building and planning department.

There is no current construction planned...or underway.

They went virtual again last night. That same cheesy studio that doesn't match their current look.Virtual.png

Additionally, they replayed the 5PM newscast at 10 rather than another live newscast. I hope that's not a new trend for them.

8 hours ago, NotInTV said:

They went virtual again last night. That same cheesy studio that doesn't match their current look.

Additionally, they replayed the 5PM newscast at 10 rather than another live newscast. I hope that's not a new trend for them.

Maybe they are messing with the set in some way. Nothing shows up as far as plans or permits with the city, but there are some minor things you can do without getting permits from the council. 

But most stuff needs permits in California.

Looks like that stairway to the diving board has changed direction from last night.

11 hours ago, NotInTV said:

They went virtual again last night. That same cheesy studio that doesn't match their current look.Virtual.png

The virtual sets (and all major graphics) are made at TEGNA graphics headquarters and distributed to stations to use (and they are expected to use them). For big events, like the Super Bowl, they'll make a package that includes lower thirds, over the shoulders and sets. Notice that the CBS eye is missing from the set so it can be used on TEGNA's NBC, ABC, etc affiliates.

Stations can request customized sets, but they're only allotted so much time with the graphics team so most just use the generic looks. 

Archived