KFMB Slow Death Thread

Eat News

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe upgrading or maintenance

Rehearsing

Low ratings and viewership to save money

They are actively promoting the 7pm show (just heard a radio spot today for all CW newscasts), so probably one of the first two reasons.

They are actively promoting the 7pm show (just heard a radio spot today for all CW newscasts), so probably one of the first two reasons.

Did you hear it on one of the KFMB radio stations? If not, it would be weird.

Did you hear it on one of the KFMB radio stations? If not, it would be weird.

TV stations buy time on radio stations to promote newscast during sweeps.

Nothing strange or weird about it.

It might even be a straight trade-out for TV time for XHRM / Local Media llc.

...and yes...

KFMB radio stations will be more than happy to sell local Tv stations time on the KFMB radio stations.

Of course there are some circumstances where the direct compete may be a BIT of an issue...but if you have the cash.....

Of course there are some circumstances where the direct compete may be a BIT of an issue...but if you have the cash.....

On the rare instances I listened to local radio (99% is on SiriusXM the remaining 1% is in stores) WBFF and others have advertised their primetime lineup on the former CBS Stations. WBAL’s radio sister stations only promote them.

Somebody forgot which graphics to use:

Oops-Graphics.png

That actually doesn't look all that bad...

I agree with Ramona, if that was a mistake that was a good thing to do because it actually goes well with the lower 3rd graphics.

...and yes...

KFMB radio stations will be more than happy to sell local Tv stations time on the KFMB radio stations.

What about the KFMB radio stations advertising on TV stations that compete with KFMB? Or radio stations other than the KFMB radio stations advertising on KFMB, channel 8?

What about the KFMB radio stations advertising on TV stations that compete with KFMB? Or radio stations other than the KFMB radio stations advertising on KFMB, channel 8?

Just depends on the circumstances involved. The show...the daypart...the placement in the rotation, is there a co-op? Is it trade?...a nation tie-in?

KNSD TV will probably NOT ask to run an ad for the 6pm KNSD newscast inside the KFMB (News-8) top of the hour radio newscast 760 am KFMB...for obvious reasons.

It goes without saying that one would never even ask for that kind of placement.

But everything is pretty much available if the right terms and conditions can be agreed on.

...and yes...

I know it isn't weird. I said it would be weird because of TEGNA's ownership of KFMB-AM/FM and KFMB-TV was advertising on other radio stations. I forgot to realize that in the Baltimore area CBS Radio-owned stations (before Entercom got them) advertised on WMAR and WBFF when CBS owned WJZ-TV They probably still do now.

I haven't heard a radio ad for KPNX (although I have heard a radio ad for The Arizona Republic in 2014 before the Gannett/TEGNA split). I have heard radio ads for KPHO, KNXV, and KSAZ. I've also heard one radio station promoting KTVK around 2012.

According to Reporter Shannon Handy's Instagram, former XETV Anchor Neda Iranpour is joining KFMB. Possibly as a reporter / fill in anchor? She has also worked as a meteorologist, so anything is possible.

[MEDIA=instagram]Bp-IaacHjJm[/MEDIA]

She's the third person to come from XETV after KFMB took the CW affiliation from them.

Kerri Lane

Amanda Shotsky

Neda Iranpour

Good pickup, KFMB! Neda is great.

She's the third person to come from XETV after KFMB took the CW affiliation from them.

Kerri Lane

Amanda Shotsky

Neda Iranpour

Good pickup, KFMB! Neda is great.

Still waiting on Jaqueline Bennett for a station to pick her up...

So I called the station to let them know that there online newscast was horrible due to the muffled sound and they said it was my laptop. Ugh I'm sure I am not the only one experiencing this. As I read others are having the same problem as me. BS KFMB get it together.

So I called the station to let them know that there online newscast was horrible due to the muffled sound and they said it was my laptop. Ugh I'm sure I am not the only one experiencing this. As I read others are having the same problem as me. BS KFMB get it together.

It's completely crap. Its not on my end. I have the same issue on three separate internet devices on three different connections and browsers.

I emailed them too.

Archived