KFMB Slow Death Thread

Eat News

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really hate that bold Proxima Nova on the L3s.

The execution of the graphics looks very cheap. Like KYTX cheap.

Interesting how they’re using channel number instead of the CBS eye outline in the open.

They're still making adjustments to the positioning of graphics throughout the newscast. I can imagine it'll look better in a week.

They're still making adjustments to the positioning of graphics throughout the newscast. I can imagine it'll look better in a week.
They better. Right now, it looks TERRIBLE. Not something I'd expect from the #1 legacy station in San Diego.

What happened to all the "training"...sheesh!

They send people to KUSA, they train more in-house.

We end up with this Sh#t Show that looks like gerbers baby food throw-up.

It's flat.

They painted the condos down the street the same stupid orange puke color.

I don't know squat about TV graphics...but I DO know this sucks.

It just doesn't fit... happy "Netflix n' Chill millennial" intro music on the open, then immediately cut to a breaking news opener of someone dying or of some terrorist attack. Just amazing how a drastic change of the graphics changes the whole aura and vibe of an iconic and respected San Diego television station. If I was a visitor here, I would think this was a high school production level of a station, lowest rated station too.

You ruined our station's look, happy now, Tegna? Each character you don't use saves money right, had to put NXT to be all hip and cool, ooh la la!!

Chopper's gone ("temporarily" they say), probably axed it so they save more money not having to make a Chopper 8 graphic and repainting the Chopper. Already got Drone 8 over the Fairgrounds I see!

It just doesn't fit... happy "Netflix n' Chill millennial" intro music on the open, then immediately cut to a breaking news opener of someone dying or of some terrorist attack. Just amazing how a drastic change of the graphics changes the whole aura and vibe of an iconic and respected San Diego television station. If I was a visitor here, I would think this was a high school production level of a station, lowest rated station too.

You ruined our station's look, happy now, Tegna? Each character you don't use saves money right, had to put NXT to be all hip and cool, ooh la la!!

Chopper's gone ("temporarily" they say), probably axed it so they save more money not having to make a Chopper 8 graphic and repainting the Chopper. Already got Drone 8 over the Fairgrounds I see!

I would’ve just used the breaking news intro alone instead of the “Netflix n’ chill” intro.

Hopefully they’ll use the graphics properly as time goes on. KFMB’s execution (for now) looks like a newscast in a sub-100 market.

I haven't been tuning in too much lately, but I did wonder why they did not have Chopper 8? Did they say why it's not in the air? obviously they won't say due to budget cuts, but did they say due to maintenance related issues?

I've noticed it's been gone too. What about the local agreement they had with the other stations to run it?

I've noticed it's been gone too. What about the local agreement they had with the other stations to run it?

It's typical this time of year to conserve (bank) helicopter hours because October / November has proven to be the worst fire months.

I'm going with that until I hear otherwise.

It's typical this time of year to conserve (bank) helicopter hours because October / November has proven to be the worst fire months.

I'm going with that until I hear otherwise.

Makes sense, I'll go with that too.

[quote name='NotInTV']YouTube deleted my uploads of the new graphics :([/QUOTE] YT is probably doing us all a favor by sparing our eyes from the torture. Did you see the 5pm??? It's blue and purple...it looks like a bruised boxer. Thanks @NotInTV for posting the original clips earlier for all of us to see. I know that takes time and effort, so thanks again.

I really hate that bold Proxima Nova on the L3s.

The execution of the graphics looks very cheap. Like KYTX cheap.

Interesting how they’re using channel number instead of the CBS eye outline in the open.

I'm not sure they're allowed to use the eye on CW. I remember seeing it disappear from the set when they got the affiliation. Probably makes it easier to just have one open. Wonder if they're going to change the website to kfmb.com.

Archived