KFMB Slow Death Thread

Eat News

It would have been a lot worse if they drop the News8 branding for KFMB News. 'FMB would have taken a page right out of the WFAA playbook, but I'm glad they'll

keeping the News8 branding.

I just hope we don't get play buttons EVERYWHERE.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope they don’t get that desk.....

It looks like everyone gets that desk, so we may see it. Hopefully they're able to re-purpose the curved monitor to work with it somehow, so we don't have ugly blank squares.

Nothing beats the 1996-2001 Set from Devlin where they had a Weather Center (2:50 mark), Multi Purpose area and a 3x3 Monitor setup.

You can see some of it here

That set still looks better than today's KUSI set.

I really hope KFMB doesn't get a set-in-a-box, and comes up with something comparable to KSWB's new set.

That set still looks better than today's KUSI set.

I really hope KFMB doesn't get a set-in-a-box, and comes up with something comparable to KSWB's new set.

I’ve never liked the standup area on the side. Such a wasted empty space with those 3 monitors. It was fine when it has the CBS Eye but ruined when it changed to NEWS8

I just hope we don't get play buttons EVERYWHERE.

A millennial was responsible for WFAA’s new play button branding, so I’m pretty sure that will be nothing to worry about.

I’m relieved they’re not going to call themselves KFMB News.

I’ve never liked the standup area on the side. Such a wasted empty space with those 3 monitors. It was fine when it has the CBS Eye but ruined when it changed to NEWS8

The standup area is without a doubt the worst part of the entire set. The 3 monitors are ugly. I say they should replace it with a 4x3 or 3x3 monitor wall! It would instantly update the set.

P.S. to KFMB - Destroy that ugly, static, "News 8 Morning Extra" set. Just use the main desk like you do for EVERY other CW newscast, and replace it with an interview/performance area!

I just noticed the other day, that they added a few monitors in the newsroom and it looked a bit brighter during a liveshot. I also remember Carlo mentioning a few months back that the current set may not be there for much longer.

One thing that I hate about the NEWS 8 branding is the fact they felt a need to remove the CBS eye from the logo. I get they're trying to be inclusive of the CW, but having the CBS eye in the logo wouldn't have been an issue since plenty of CBS affiliates produce news for the CW outlets...

A millennial was responsible for WFAA’s new play button branding, so I’m pretty sure that will be nothing to worry about.

I’m relieved they’re not going to call themselves KFMB News.

I hate the derogatory use of the term "millennial". I'm a millennial and not all of us are dumbasses.

I hate the derogatory use of the term "millennial". I'm a millennial and not all of us are dumbasses.

I guess I shouldn’t have used a broad brush on that, seeing that I’m a millennial as well. TBF, I like WFAA’s new play button branding.

I just noticed the other day, that they added a few monitors in the newsroom and it looked a bit brighter during a liveshot. I also remember Carlo mentioning a few months back that the current set may not be there for much longer.

One thing that I hate about the NEWS 8 branding is the fact they felt a need to remove the CBS eye from the logo. I get they're trying to be inclusive of the CW, but having the CBS eye in the logo wouldn't have been an issue since plenty of CBS affiliates produce news for the CW outlets...

Where did they add the monitors in the newsroom? The only newsroom shots I've seen are with that giant SHARP tv.

Where did they add the monitors in the newsroom? The only newsroom shots I've seen are with that giant SHARP tv.

If you mean those tube ones behind the assignment desk???

...1979... right before stereo tv was cool.

Here's a picture for reference

20180808_111749.jpg

Here's a picture for reference

20180808_111749.jpg

Yup...

Half of those in that shot are tube tv's still.

I doubt you will see that shot get any closer until that newsroom and the desk are renovated.

A big "if".

Yup...

I doubt you will see that shot get any closer until that newsroom and the desk are renovated.

A big "if".

The assignment desk and backdrop were renovated about a year ago. Those are all new lcd monitors. The monitors on the very top of the ledge are brand new. Not sure whey they're even trying to spruce up the place when what they need is a new building.

Yup...

A big "if".

The assignment desk and backdrop were renovated about a year ago. Those are all new lcd monitors. The monitors on the very top of the ledge are brand new. Not sure whey they're even trying to spruce up the place when what they need is a new building.

Yeah. I was going to point that out. The TVs are all widescreen. There weren’t many small CRT widescreen TVs outside of the ridiculously expensive production ones.

12217_C25-6708-4_CEF-_B8_EF-41755_F999055.png KFMB’s assignment desk/Wall of monitors aren’t as overwhelming as KUSI’s new Wall of monitors that replaced all the CRT’s on the platform (seen above and that’s only half of it. There’s more on the left and right) in the newsroom where the old weather center and the person who runs the vhs tapes during the newscast is located

Yup...

A big "if".

Closer view of the monitors

20180808_220506.jpg

I've liked KXTV 10 Sacramento. I like the current logo quite a bit. I need to watch them again soon (especially having gone to Sac State). But what about Hampton Roads' ch 13? I hate their current intro. I think that's another TEGNA station. Anybody from or have interst in VB/NFK?

I've liked KXTV 10 Sacramento. I like the current logo quite a bit. I need to watch them again soon (especially having gone to Sac State). But what about Hampton Roads' ch 13? I hate their current intro. I think that's another TEGNA station. Anybody from or have interst in VB/NFK?

Born and raised; and I watch out of market on NewsOn... what you need?

Archived