KFMB Slow Death Thread

Eat News

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the first day of the KFMB slow death...

KFMB added newscast streaming.

Yippie!

http://www.cbs8.com/story/13358922/news-8-live-stream-player?&autostart=true

Sure it's only the 11am show...but baby steps...baby steps.

It will only get better.

When the legacy Nexstar station begin live streaming newscasts, let me know.

Looks like they are getting rid of the standup area for this set. They could have used the interview set that they rarely use for the SD Living set

[MEDIA=twitter]869759609644306435[/MEDIA]

You would think they would take down the TV’s before putting up the wall

[MEDIA=instagram]BfAYnf2hp5b[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]BfAb4NQB_3u[/MEDIA]

damn, can they cram anymore shit into that studio?!

those duratrans/panels look really cheap. The secondary desk should have a monitor wall or at least a dura of the san diego skyline.

KFMB/CW just posted a picture on Instagram of an interview for San Diego Living with Laura Cavanaugh.

When did San Diego Living relaunch??

It's a pay for play venture, so they must have enough players to make it profitable.

What happened to Clint?

Didn't they also have a little weekend home improvement show from the same players that Lynda Martin took over to KGTV?

damn, can they cram anymore shit into that studio?!

those duratrans/panels look really cheap. The secondary desk should have a monitor wall or at least a dura of the san diego skyline.

Do they even use that secondary desk?

They have two studios, (mostly used for promos or radio concerts) but how cheap can they be?

On a side note, KFMB still doesn’t have a legit in-studio weather center since 2001 when they killed the Devlin Design set and went Local 8 with the Linkset. Doing weather on that plasma is so tacky.

They have two studios, (mostly used for promos or radio concerts) but how cheap can they be?

On a side note, KFMB still doesn’t have a legit in-studio weather center since 2001 when they killed the Devlin Design set and went Local 8 with the Linkset. Doing weather on that plasma is so tacky.

Well, with TEGNA jumping the shark with must runs that sometimes make Sinclair's look sane by comparison, among other blunders, why do you think the TEGNA stations suffer from TEGNitis?

I guess they're now using the secondary set for the CW AM show.

what weather in San Diego besides everyday sun and 70 degree temps?

Must runs?

What? TEGNA doesn’t have must-runs.
Yeah, they do. The "Verify" segments count.

Matt Granite is not a political hack.
I never said Matt Granite was a political hack. In fact, I doubt he is. I just think TEGNA's "Verify" segments can get rather ridiculous to the point where Sinclair's must runs look sane by comparison (as insane as they are). Speaking of "Verify", has KFMB adopted those segments yet?

Yeah, they do. The "Verify" segments count.

I never said Matt Granite was a political hack. In fact, I doubt he is. I just think TEGNA's "Verify" segments can get rather ridiculous to the point where Sinclair's must runs look sane by comparison (as insane as they are). Speaking of "Verify", has KFMB adopted those segments yet?

Verify is simply fact-check segments with no slant. Every station does their own.

Verify is simply fact-check segments with no slant. Every station does their own.
I just said Verify can get ridiculous to where even Sinclair's must runs (like the "Terrorism Alert Desk") look sane by comparison. You want an example? Here's the link to the clip on KHOU's website of the interview Matt Musil had with Alexa Miednik, a senior at Stoneman Douglas (where the shooting took place): http://www.khou.com/video/news/student-says-she-bumped-into-suspect-after-shooting/285-8009097

Now, here's KHOU's verify segment on the above, also on KHOU's website: http://www.khou.com/article/news/local/verify/verify-rumors-swirl-after-florida-school-shooting/285-519809764

But I'm sorry I got us off topic. This conversation on the Verify segments should have its own thread. This one's specifically supposed to be about KFMB's possible slow death, or its soft kill, if you will.

I just said Verify can get ridiculous to where even Sinclair's must runs (like the "Terrorism Alert Desk") look sane by comparison. You want an example? Here's the link to the clip on KHOU's website of the interview Matt Musil had with Alexa Miednik, a senior at Stoneman Douglas (where the shooting took place): http://www.khou.com/video/news/student-says-she-bumped-into-suspect-after-shooting/285-8009097

Now, here's KHOU's verify segment on the above, also on KHOU's website: http://www.khou.com/article/news/local/verify/verify-rumors-swirl-after-florida-school-shooting/285-519809764

But I'm sorry I got us off topic. This conversation on the Verify segments should have its own thread. This one's specifically supposed to be about KFMB's possible slow death, or its soft kill, if you will.

Man, I hope you stretched before that reach, because I don't see ANYTHING ridiculous about that segment.

And if you think a fact-check segment makes a politically-slanted "report" look "sane by comparison"....

Archived