Fox Updates Special Report/Presentation Intro

ColDayNews

S6f4eGM.png

cSrOlUR.jpg

Taken from WTTE.

Fox News has updated the Special Report/Special Presentation open slide and logo to match the Fox News Channel's current look. However, the music stays the same (a cut from the O&O package) with Greg O'Neill's VO.

Personally, I'd change the music to a current version of the Fox News Channel sounder, preferably the one used in the "Most Watched, Most Trusted... Fox News." promos.

It's about time for a graphics update as the prior countdown and intro had been in use since 2009 at least. And you'll notice a new lower left bug that matches the one being used on FNC which should provide a clean look when Fox broadcast simulcasts Fox News because previously, the old bug would sometimes intersect with the lower thirds.

As many on here know, last night was an example of a Level 1 cut-in, hence it being a "Fox News Special Presentation" and not a "Fox News Special Report."

S6f4eGM.png

cSrOlUR.jpg

Taken from WTTE.

Fox News has updated the Special Report/Special Presentation open slide and logo to match the Fox News Channel's current look. However, the music stays the same (a cut from the O&O package) with Greg O'Neill's VO.

Personally, I'd change the music to a current version of the Fox News Channel sounder, preferably the one used in the "Most Watched, Most Trusted... Fox News." promos.

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

when used for breaking news interruptions, will the new fox SR open include a 5 second countdown like the other networks?

Look. I don't work for Fox News. This is a silly question. Yes, it will include a 20 and 10 second countdown, as it gives time for master control to switch to the feed.

That's akin to asking if water is wet.

Look. I don't work for Fox News. This is a silly question. Yes, it will include a 20 and 10 second countdown, as it gives time for master control to switch to the feed.

That's akin to asking if water is wet.

I misspoke, I was intending to ask if Fox's SR countdown actually get on-air

For the president's remarks today in White Sulphur Springs, WV, the Fox special report used the old countdown and intro but it did have the updated lower third graphics and bug.

The intro dates back to 2009. If I recall correctly, Fox tends to update their SR intros with every President. I do think it's time to retire the Greg O'Neill VO since he's no longer the voice of Fox News Channel or any of the O&Os.

It's about time for a graphics update as the prior countdown and intro had been in use since 2009 at least. And you'll notice a new lower left bug that matches the one being used on FNC which should provide a clean look when Fox broadcast simulcasts Fox News because previously, the old bug would sometimes intersect with the lower thirds.

As many on here know, last night was an example of a Level 1 cut-in, hence it being a "Fox News Special Presentation" and not a "Fox News Special Report."

Is special presentation level 1 and special report level 2?

Recently, a new "Fox News Special Report" intro just got unvieled at the beginning of the live breaking news coverage of the Florida high school shooting. The diffrence: the Fox news logo and the wide rectangle are in the color associated with breaking news: red. There are golden lines as well.

1914335301_FoxNewsSpecialReport(2018).png.9d927f4debf8813e5e37fd8adf884aad.png

• 3 months later...

I have to retract these remarks because while all Level 1 are called "Fox News Special Presentation," the special presentation branding is not exclusively for Level 1's because the Royal Wedding coverage this morning, as well as the Barbara Bush funeral, were both introduced as a "Fox News Special Presentation" even though both are Level 2's.

Archived