NBC Sports to debut new graphics

Georgie56

What are the chances that this was a package only for SNF going forward?

Oh no. I hope not.

I’d bet on NBC Sports doing a gradual rollout to NHL, Premier League, and other properties when their next seasons begin, and NBCSN and the regionals later this year or next year.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh no. I hope not.

I’d bet on NBC Sports doing a gradual rollout to NHL, Premier League, and other properties when their next seasons begin, and NBCSN and the regionals later this year or next year.

I'd count on perhaps the look being ready for the NHL for the playoffs both nationally and regionally. I'm guessing they only had the SNF truck ready for the new look although it's kinda weird it wasn't already in place up in Stamford.

The RSNs have historically gotten new looks at the start of football season. As I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if NHL gets this look for the playoffs (a lot of the first round games are regionally produced) and with baseball season right around the corner, they could roll it out there as well.

If this is going to be their look going forward, the white refresh did debut on CSN for the playoffs but didn't get deployed for baseball until the following year.

However, there is still something about it that doesn't seem like it's a permanent look, given how stylized it is; the official "secondary" logo and branding of LII, which NBC did use in certain areas -- i.e. that logo with the more blocky looking "LII" lettering, had a lot of scanline and aurora motifs, which the graphics may have been playing upon.

The fact that they were not using the "previous" graphics for this or the Olympics is a telltale sign something is going on, but the completely different looks (with the latter still "behaving" like the old graphics) are making it confusing.

At least TSN remembered to program the curling stones into the scoreboard.

Meanwhile, timeouts still missing in action on TSN NBA. 1st seed Atlantic team doesn't deserve this!

In that Adweek piece, Gaudelli said this would be a new graphics package for NBC Sports.

Didn't he say that in the context of the Super Bowl, though? He said NBC will debut "a new graphics package for the Super Bowl", and referenced the 3D scans that'll be used during the broadcast.

Unless... I'm missing something? .-.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived