NBC Sports to debut new graphics

Georgie56

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice!

Will we see them at the winter games? Or is that a different package?

It'll be a mix of the new graphics and the standard worldwide Olympic graphics. You'll be able to tell: the NBC graphics are the good looking ones.

It'll be a mix of the new graphics and the standard worldwide Olympic graphics. You'll be able to tell: the NBC graphics are the good looking ones.

The IOC has a new package that deniedd during this Olympics' trials. They aren't all that good but way better than that blue mess the had been running for like the last 10 years.

They just did a remote to Pyeongchang which used a different L3 that I think will be the Olympic package.

It animated like the old graphics, but had a frosted, boxy look and a different font.

I don't know what is going on here with these main graphics... I think I preferred the mockup/prediction.

Not a huge fan of the new package right now, but they'll grow on me. BUT NBC just did a quick little olympic tease and showed an L3 of Mike Tirico's name and they used the new NBC specific olympic graphics and those look beautiful

I'm not sure if I actually like the aesthetic.

Part of me wonders if there even is a new package, or if they're going to make like ESPN and give every "major" property its own look (i.e. Olympics, NHL, SNF) but then have something generic for everything else. Or if this is pre-game specific and they're going to have a different look (or chicken out and switch back to the outgoing graphics like Fox did last year) in the game proper.

Archived