Another new Set for KUSA?

Chase29

I know they just got a new set almost two years ago but I have been noticing recently that KUSA has been doing their newscasts from the newsroom. So I was wondering are they getting another new one or are they doing some refreshing on the one they have/had now?

It's definitely an awkward setup now that the second studio is being used for that national show. Whenever they go to weather, sports, or a reporter in house, you can see them in the anchor shot.

They're also having some fun with the background:

[MEDIA=twitter]954171894076383232[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]954185463308283907[/MEDIA]

I don't understand why any technical overhauling wouldn't have been done when the new set was installed (how long ago was that anyway?). KUSA seems to have a thing for doing big studio work that needs to displace their setting. Didn't they dismantle their old set not too long ago to repaint the floor?

I don't understand why any technical overhauling wouldn't have been done when the new set was installed (how long ago was that anyway?). KUSA seems to have a thing for doing big studio work that needs to displace their setting. Didn't they dismantle their old set not too long ago to repaint the floor?

They were one of the firsts and maybe the tech wasn’t there.

As for the floors stations typically leave the “permanent” set pieces in place. If you ever seen a time lapse of a remodel chances are the floors are a different color underneath the desk and other pieces.

Archived