Who designed this NBC package?

ColDayNews

It was used quite frequently all throughout the early 2000s. WKEF even used it for a bit until becoming an ABC affiliate.

Gold, flipping peacock feathers would reveal a show name as well: (i.e. PASSIONS, INSIDE SCHWARTZ, FRIENDS, WEAKEST LINK, etc.)

Promo for the Weakest Link on NBC and Pax:

upload_2018-1-23_19-35-25.thumb.png.12884c09c7933fb6b49f8ddff7d2febe.png

Promo for Extra - pictured: Leeza Gibbons and Mark McGrath - 2003, from WKEF. In-house or syndicated?

upload_2018-1-23_19-36-51.thumb.png.3e749faf501f877cc45f63151aeb8920.png

Dateline - pictured: Stone Phillips/Jane Pauley from 2001.

nbc-2001-promo-dateline3.jpg

Today also had a promo with these graphics, from the "What a Difference Today Makes" era.

upload_2018-1-23_19-34-42.thumb.png.de058721df71efa493df32c19fc3289d.png

From what I can recall, that package was done in-house. "NBC Magic Room" or something like that. Most of the mid-late 90s/early 00s stuff was done by them. (Particularly the trademark "Must See TV" white look.)

The NBC Enterprises logo of the era had that look too (prior to that they used the 1996-era NBC Studios logo).

I have always LOVED that version of the chimes. I wish there was a whole piece to it.

I'm also a large fan of how NBC used their feathers. They don't seem to use them like they used to (or maybe, I don't know, I don't have cable/satellite/etc), but using the feathers as little windows was always brilliant and unique given the uniqueness of their logo. ABC and Fox can't do that. CBS could to a degree, because that eye is also unique enough to allow lots of creative play.

If NBC ever went back to their days of rotating peacock feathers, I'd support it 1000%.

Yeah that was a Magic Room package. I remember reading all about it on a now-defunct website that covered branding back in the day. Those peacock feathers were actually real glass that was cut and then installed on a motion control rig. Really cutting-edge stuff back then.

The NBC Enterprises logo of the era had that look too (prior to that they used the 1996-era NBC Studios logo).

This logo brings back a lot of memories for me. As a kid, I used to see it on Access Hollywood on WCMH. I've always loved that version of the NBC chimes.

I forgot how good this looked! I guess it lasted up until 2004 and maybe a little bit into 2005 in bits and pieces.

I liked the look that followed it too... the colorful light streaks. This was around for only one season (2004-05). Did Arthouse design this?

I forgot how good this looked! I guess it lasted up until 2004 and maybe a little bit into 2005 in bits and pieces.

I liked the look that followed it too... the colorful light streaks. This was around for only one season (2004-05). Did Arthouse design this?

This must have been before NBC updated The Mission? They were still using the 1986 close during the "America's News Leader" promo with BriWi.

This must have been before NBC updated The Mission? They were still using the 1986 close during the "America's News Leader" promo with BriWi.

I think it was leftover from the Brokaw era and they hadn’t updated it yet... or it was hastily made for when BriWi took over. I can’t remember.

Archived