NEW Hearst Graphics: Diagrad 2.0

LOWERCASE GUY

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lower third on the WISN 6:00 pm news cold open didn't align with the "bug." I'm also not crazy about the weather maps.

Otherwise, looks good!

Edit: also, they need to kill with fire the "Big 12 Sports" opening animation/sounder. Ugh. Hasn't been updated; still the same awful animation and sounder they used before.

Lower third on the WISN 6:00 pm news cold open didn't align with the "bug." I'm also not crazy about the weather maps.

Otherwise, looks good!

Edit: also, they need to kill with fire the "Big 12 Sports" opening animation/sounder. Ugh. Hasn't been updated; still the same awful animation and sounder they used before.

I don't think the L3s on the 5:00 open matched either. 12 News does have larger font on the opens at 5 and 6. The cold open looks better and there was a full open at 6:15! Looks like Weather Watch 12 got the caution signs on the 7 day.

This leaves WPBF, WMUR, WJCL, WTAE, KMBC, WAPT and KHBS/KHOG. The first one, WPBF, is My Hearst-owned station, and I’m willing to bet it will make the transition within a week and a half.

This leaves WPBF, WMUR, WJCL, WTAE, KMBC, WAPT and KHBS/KHOG. The first one, WPBF, is My Hearst-owned station, and I’m willing to bet it will make the transition within a week and a half.

Yeah I checked WTAE at 5, and nothing was new. Oh well. There's always next week.

Anyone complaining about the move to full 16:9? When WBAL did people complained on social media or in the mornings demanding the clock be put back on screen.

Or did most of the Hearst stations started letterboxing their feed 24/7 well before that? WBAL was about a year before these graphics and elements were slowly moving further and further outside the safe zone.

Maybe it was just me but I heard more drums to WBAL’s 11 PM open.

And I’ve noticed that in the bottom corner of any graphic that contains a map they put copyright Google. Something never done before.

Or tomorrow.

I doubt they'll debut tomorrow. They usually don't debut a new graphics package on a Friday or during the weekend. But then again, they might. So who knows?

Anyone complaining about the move to full 16:9? When WBAL did people complained on social media or in the mornings demanding the clock be put back on screen.

Three years ago, it probably would have been heavier, but it's helped that NBC and ABC are compulsory 16:9 networks now, so except for hold out cable systems (Spectrum, just convert your SD's to 16:9 already on Charter systems) and SD stations, viewers are used to forced letterbox now. The same cannot be said for KCCI, WLKY and the CW news-share partners where CBS still allows 4:3 outside news and The Talk. Those viewers more likely to take to the pages and switchboards.

Archived