NEW Hearst Graphics: Diagrad 2.0

LOWERCASE GUY

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KOCO will not be debuting the updated ticker for now. Because of the teacher walkout that has resulted in the closure of 70% of Oklahoma's school districts, KOCO is running the existing 4:3-safe-framed closings ticker during all of its newscasts (including the 4:30-7:00 a.m. newscast, where its normal news ticker would usually appear). So in that case, it's likely that KOCO won't debut any elements of the updated package until Wednesday.

I think the old ticker. We don’t have the new traffic ticker like WBAL does.

I could be wrong.

— Matt

Could just be a different traffic data supplier. The easiest way to tell us if everything is outside the 4:3 safe zone.

Edit: Here's a montage of logos they used as ID's for their 70th.

[MEDIA=imgur]a/WEBhI[/MEDIA]

My math was off and I cannot do dates. I believe the stations are launching Thursday, not Wednesday. My bad....

Forgive me as I don't know how all this works.....are you guys getting info/ conformations from the stations? Or are we all just guessing here?

KOCO will not be debuting the updated ticker for now. Because of the teacher walkout that has resulted in the closure of 70% of Oklahoma's school districts, KOCO is running the existing 4:3-safe-framed closings ticker during all of its newscasts (including the 4:30-7:00 a.m. newscast, where its normal news ticker would usually appear). So in that case, it's likely that KOCO won't debut any elements of the updated package until Wednesday.

I'm surprised that KOCO didn't get the new look before the Teacher Walkout took place (maybe they're still prepping for the rollout or something like that)

I'm surprised that KOCO didn't get the new look before the Teacher Walkout took place (maybe they're still prepping for the rollout or something like that)

I'm guessing big breaking news in your area is more important than getting a rollout ready?

Then again, Same could be said for WISN and Brewers Opening Day today

I'm guessing big breaking news in your area is more important than getting a rollout ready?

Then again, Same could be said for WISN and Brewers Opening Day today

Which probably makes sense, as for WISN they'll probably roll out the new look between now and Thursday (same with the rest of the ABC affiliates owned by Hearst)

Did any of the other stations in the old tickers had an app icon in the left side? Because WESH had the app icon instead of a logo.

Old:

[ATTACH=full]5682[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5683[/ATTACH]

And you can find the new elsewhere.

What did the old bug look like. Here WBAL just inserts a crystallized version of their logo. Sometimes it’s big others it’s small.

Old:

[ATTACH=full]5682[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5683[/ATTACH]

And you can find the new elsewhere.

What did the old bug look like. Here WBAL just inserts a crystallized version of their logo. Sometimes it’s big others it’s small.

WCVB seems to have just added time and temp to the bug[ATTACH=full]5710[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5711[/ATTACH]

Edit: Didn't see it on the 11 o'clock

Just now they added that?!?!? WISN had that for 5 years!

Nothing new for WISN this morning, can't say I'm shocked. Not even the new ticker, still the Election ticker from last night which could be the old one? It looks bigger than the new one. Any chance of the change over before 11 tonight? Even with Mark in FL?

WCVB seems to have just added time and temp to the bug[ATTACH=full]5710[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5711[/ATTACH]

They have had the time/temp since 2012. They just changed the font to what some other stations are using and added that bar in the middle. It looks nice!

You never put a time bug on the late news. It reminds people what time it is and they turn off the TV and go to bed.

It's kinda the same reason restaurants never have clocks in them.

That's never appeared before? WBAL doesn't use it except on weekend mornings when they didn't run a ticker. But now they are experimenting with a ticker weekend mornings.

Archived