NEW Hearst Graphics: Diagrad 2.0

LOWERCASE GUY

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they get the ABC and CBS affiliates in line so quickly that will be truly impressive. It took over a year for the last package.

They have what two CBS stations and fifteen ABC stations to get through. Along with slightly customizing the package for the newscasts that air on MeTV, CW and MyNet newscasts. But they may just keep the same name. For a while WBAL branded their MeTV newscasts with their WBAL Plus "You are watching WBAL Plus News at 10 PM", MeTV Baltimore (sans WBAL logo), and now its just the regular WBAL open.

Actually thirteen ABC stations.

Yeah, and Hearst will probably wait to roll out the package to the ABC/CBS outlets and other associated stations/MeTV subchannels until as early as March or as late as May sweeps, depending on the station.

Looks like WGAL has some issues with the new gfx and NewsOn app. I’ll sure they will fix this ASAP.

WBAL just posted a bunch of stories on Twitter with the same white box in the bottom right-hand corner; looks like for now that’s what’s hiding behind the logo box.

Yeah, Yellow is when weather is supposed to impact your day and red is an alert for severe weather.

Help if it was explained. But it does make sense.

Looks like WGAL has some issues with the new gfx and NewsOn app. I’ll sure they will fix this ASAP.

— Matt

I want to say it's a spot for stations to insert their logo to easily share packages but the space is way to big. I imagine if the logo is keyed outside the control room (like it was before and probably now). That's how many packages work (Sinclair, Look N for example) for easy sharing. I just don't know what purpose that would fill? Maybe the chip from the remaining diagrid stations covers it?

Can you post an OTA montage of WBAL's new graphics?

I just got notification of this post and am assuming your post was waiting in moderation. I tried to private message you but apparently am forbidden. But here are the videos I have uploaded:

I just got notification of this post and am assuming your post was waiting in moderation. I tried to private message you but apparently am forbidden. But here are the videos I have uploaded:

Thanks! I saw them!

WISN hasn't taken the new graphics yet, but their election ticker has been revised into a more dynamic 16:9 version (though it's bigger than the new bottom third);

[ATTACH=full]5506[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5507[/ATTACH]

WTAE Still has the old Graphics as well But has cleaned up its spacing and placement in the old graphics. Hopefully WTAE, WISN and Other Hearst Stations get the New Package soon.

I’d like to discuss Two of Hearst’s stations:

First, WCVB. I hope that this Boston station comes up with something Way better looking when they update to the Second Generation diagrid. They usually come up with graphics that make the rest of their sister Hearst stations look boring.

Second, WPBF in West Palm Beach. When they get the new graphics, I’m predicting that there will be a new VO for their open, and that it’ll be one of these three:

•Steve Kamer, who is doing voice overs for their promos

•Beau Weaver, the voice of WPBF’s sister ABC affiliate in Miami, WPLG Local 10.

•(Or Get This) Scott Chapin. I’ve been noticing WPBF’s reputation, lately, and it reminds me All Too Well of WSVN’s. To put it another way, They interrupt Ellen a Lot. Just like WSVN interrupts Their shows a Lot.

Sorry if I sound crazy on WPBF.

First, WCVB. I hope that this Boston station comes up with something Way better looking when they update to the Second Generation diagrid. They usually come up with graphics that make the rest of their sister Hearst stations look boring.

Second, WPBF in West Palm Beach. When they get the new graphics, I’m predicting that there will be a new VO for their open, and that it’ll be one of these three:

•(Or Get This) Scott Chapin. I’ve been noticing WPBF’s reputation, lately, and it reminds me All Too Well of WSVN’s. To put it another way, They interrupt Ellen a Lot. Just like WSVN interrupts Their shows a Lot.

WPBF could even get John Beach.

• 2 weeks later...

It will almost certainly be Steve Stone, who Hearst seems to be switching stations to.

On another note, it's almost March Madness...so I'm guessing KCCI and WLKY will be next to get Diagrid 2.0...

WCVB also has yet to switch to a new set. But perhaps they'll debut it at the same time they get Diagrid 2.0 (which will probably be in May, along with Hearst's other ABC stations).

Archived