NEW Hearst Graphics: Diagrad 2.0

LOWERCASE GUY

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it possible that Hearst may have collaborated with Hothaus for this redesign? The animations feel similar to their recent works.

I think it may have been mentioned earlier. I’m not sure - but one things for certain is that this design and the original diagrid have not appeared on Renderon or HotHaus’s website as case studies. I would think either package would be worth posting as they got great reviews and well built. The first diagrid design kicked spurred other triangular themed packages.

Edit: NewscastStudio is generally good about posting collaborators in their gallery. It states that this current package was done in house. But the first diagrid was done by the National Ministry of Design. I’m not a designer but Hearst Television Design has been good at evolving the previous package and likely could refresh it themselves.

Edit 2: The National Ministry of Design actually lists it as Hearst TV News Package.

I think it may have been mentioned earlier. I’m not sure - but one things for certain is that this design and the original diagrid have not appeared on Renderon or HotHaus’s website as case studies. I would think either package would be worth posting as they got great reviews and well built. The first diagrid design kicked spurred other triangular themed packages.

From what I can understand about the previous look:

- National Ministry of Design (based out of Boston) came up with the concept and did at least the news opens and background animations. They have a compilation of the graphics here: http://getnmd.com/hearst-tv-news-package

- Hothaus was indeed involved with the graphics package, but they was limited to the teaser graphics:

- A Canadian firm, DKE, did the first versions of the franchise opens and stingers (I can't find their website anymore) EDIT: rkolsen found those. See his previous post.

- Finally, HTV Design (Hearst's graphics hub) did everything else.

From what I can understand about the previous look:

- National Ministry of Design (based out of Boston) came up with the concept and did at least the news opens and background animations. They have a compilation of the graphics here: http://getnmd.com/hearst-tv-news-package

- Hothaus was indeed involved with the graphics package, but they was limited to the teaser graphics:

- A Canadian firm, DKE, did the first versions of the franchise opens and stingers (I can't find their website anymore) EDIT: rkolsen found those. See his previous post.

- Finally, HTV Design (Hearst's graphics hub) did everything else.

When you said I found those were you referring to the Behance link where it was just logos?

Saw the commercial WISN made from the Winter Storm(Quick! Less the 12 hours after the storm ended!)That may have had some new graphics,,,there was def more white than their other commercials.

If this is the commercial that you are talking about, you may be right about them getting the new graphics. Hopefully they will debut the new look next week.

*Sorry about the low quality

Archived