NEW Hearst Graphics: Diagrad 2.0

LOWERCASE GUY

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally taking advantage of the full 16:9 screen real estate. I wouldn't be surprised to see this rolled out to Hearst NBC affiliates in time for the Winter Games over the next few weeks.

And Super Bowl LII.

The current Hearst package is one of the most well aging graphics packages I've seen. Nearly six years later, and other than being in 4:3 aspect ratio, it still competes well with packages debuted within the last year by other station groups. This new package also looks very nice, and it's good to see they're keeping the signature Hearst triangles.

Knew it would be an update and that they wouldn't ditch the "diagrid". That look is here to stay.

That said, this is 100x better than the garbage they were using. Can't wait to see this rolled out to the rest of the group.

A fantastic update to an already fantastic package. Very glad to see them using 16:9 to its potential...not to mention the fresh Strive cuts.

Is this music just an update to the existing package, or a totally new package?

Is this music just an update to the existing package, or a totally new package?

I'm not sure. I know DreamArtists did some updates for WCVB a couple years ago, and this sounds a bit like DreamArtists to me (the heavy percussion is one of their trademarks).

Archived