WISH getting new set

who?cares

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. So this now leaves WOOD and KCRG with 24-Hour News references.

I just spoke with WOOD meteorologist Terri DeBoer (known her for almost 20 years already) and she says there is no need for alarm.. WOOD is planning on keeping the 24-hour News 8 moniker for awhile...

I don't blame them either, seeing that they are the powerhouse of the GR-market

I just spoke with WOOD meteorologist Terri DeBoer (known her for almost 20 years already) and she says there is no need for alarm... WOOD is planning on keeping the 24-hour News 8 moniker for awhile...

I don't blame them either, seeing that they are the powerhouse of the GR-market

Yaaay!

As far as music choices (it’s all but inevitable with the Arnold contract), one hopes that they’ll get “Back Home Again” back home again (see NMSA).

I can’t believe I called this. (Maybe they also sweet-talked Mr. Sook into this as well)

Speaking of WISH 8, their sister station WOWK 13 in Charleston, West Virginia recently got a new set similar to KXMB, WROC, KETK and KARK. No one mentioned 13 News for a while!!!!

Agree with others above.... great look and it's never a bad thing to go back to a previous news package... even better if they ever decide to mix in a few custom "Back Home Again in Indiana" In-Sink cuts here and there. It's a nice touch that they were able to keep 615/Warner-Chappell for their music vendor, so maybe there's hope for other stations, especially former legacy LIN stations like WOOD-TV and WAVY-10, to keep their long-standing audio branding.

I love In-Sink! Glad to see it back on WISH. I'm surprised that Nexstar didnt commission Stephen Arnold to do a version of Back Home Again in Indiana. Just curious, is WISH using any cuts from v1-v4, or is it all v5?

I love In-Sink! Glad to see it back on WISH. I'm surprised that Nexstar didnt commission Stephen Arnold to do a version of Back Home Again in Indiana. Just curious, is WISH using any cuts from v1-v4, or is it all v5?

I’ve heard some v4 cuts.

It's on YouTube. Those lower thirds look a bit like WTHR's. Wonder if they're trying to infuse a little brand confusion with this refresh?

Another fantastic product from LINear Drift!

Also you can say that news theme is definitely “Back Home Again in Indiana...” pun intended...

Looks like Linear Drift took the old WIAT color scheme and modified the current WLEX graphics package to fit WISH. At least it’s a deviation from the affiliate packages. I predict that KRON will eventually get a variation of this.

Looks like Linear Drift took the old WIAT color scheme and modified the current WLEX graphics package to fit WISH. At least it’s a deviation from the affiliate packages. I predict that KRON will eventually get a variation of this.

KRON just got an updated package from HotHaus.

It'll last them years.

Archived