WISH getting new set

who?cares

They haven't put it on the air yet but Brooke Martin gave us a Facebook Tour.

From Brooke's Facebook:

"Drum roll, please!

Here it is, friends! Our new home away from home. We’re still rehearsing but will be bringing it to you live on WISH-TV shortly.

Also, all of the back screens (right now it looks light purple) are all changeable to any color, so that’s not what the color will be permanently.

What do you think?"

I don't think this will wear well.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weather center and interview set are the highlights, the frames around the stand-up areas reminds me a lot of WPIX's white and pastel entertainment-looking set from a few years back, and not in a good way, and home base is rough. That whole backdrop behind the desk COULD work for solo shows, but I don't think that's an arrangement that do with regularity.

They haven't put it on the air yet but Brooke Martin gave us a Facebook Tour.

From Brooke's Facebook:

"Drum roll, please!

Here it is, friends! Our new home away from home. We’re still rehearsing but will be bringing it to you live on WISH-TV shortly.

Also, all of the back screens (right now it looks light purple) are all changeable to any color, so that’s not what the color will be permanently.

What do you think?"

It’s a bizarre setup. I’ll have to watch it on air, but I doubt I will change my opinion on it. But, at least WISH didn’t get a Dalek desk, so I’ll already give them that.

It’s a bizarre setup. I’ll have to watch it on air, but I doubt I will change my opinion on it. But, at least WISH didn’t get a Dalek desk, so I’ll already give them that.

They are saving the Dalek desk for tmz27.

— Matt

Why do they always go on about the color changing sets, when very few of them end up changing the colors of their sets once they are in production?

LIN-influenced stations love this gimmick for their 'weather warning' days, when the set goes red for possible dangerous weather or green for pleasant 72° days. I've never understood it, you're not going to see that part of the set that much and the graphics do it just as well. But at this point the LEDs are also so cheap, so you might as well get all the blue/green/red/amber/white LEDs just in case corporate decides your new logo color is suddenly periwinkle and neon green (it also helps for mood lighting if a neutral part of a set rarely seen except for noontime community calendar segments has to be used for an ad shoot and the customer wants a certain color).

In-Sink should have never left. Pleasantly surprised.. it looks great.

I'm also pretty surprised they went back to In-Sink. Set looks great. Graphics look pretty good. All in all, a nice new look for WISH-TV. I like it!

Agree with others above.... great look and it's never a bad thing to go back to a previous news package... even better if they ever decide to mix in a few custom "Back Home Again in Indiana" In-Sink cuts here and there. It's a nice touch that they were able to keep 615/Warner-Chappell for their music vendor, so maybe there's hope for other stations, especially former legacy LIN stations like WOOD-TV and WAVY-10, to keep their long-standing audio branding.

It's on YouTube. Those lower thirds look a bit like WTHR's. Wonder if they're trying to infuse a little brand confusion with this refresh?

It does take an idea of graphics from the WISHTV.com website and idk, but it sounds like there's a bit of Back Home Again in Indiana in it.

Archived