WISH getting new set

who?cares

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[GALLERY=media, 1071]7676CFF5-264D-4892-AA11-9092B9600ED4 by Sendir posted May 20, 2018 at 1:36 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 1070]1683FE2A-BC37-4F6D-BC96-0813523B2C40 by Sendir posted May 20, 2018 at 1:36 PM[/GALLERY]

Preview from their livestream.

This is not the worst set in the entire world. Based on first impressions, its not great, but it isn't terrible either. I think it looks alright. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

I do see no mention of 24-hour News 8 -- Are they getting rid of that moniker??

All we know for sure is they’re going full Nexstar with a slogan with the word “Local” in it.

As far as music choices (it’s all but inevitable with the Arnold contract), one hopes that they’ll get “Back Home Again” back home again (see NMSA).

I noticed that too. And it looks like they may get new graphics too based on the front of the desk. But we'll have to wait and see...

Did anyone else notice the slanted graphics on the monitor on the desk? I guess we can forsee WISH getting either a variation of the ABC or FOX Linear Drift package. Speculation at this point but it looks conceivable.

I wonder if that's just a small section of it. That's their Sports Director so that might be their "Sports" set.

I hope.

Even if it is their "sports" set that desk still looks woefully designed and unfinished. We'll have to save judgement until we see it all, but so far? Yikes.

Even if it is their "sports" set that desk still looks woefully designed and unfinished. We'll have to save judgement until we see it all, but so far? Yikes.

WISH just needs to get the KRON set and call it a day. They may even be able to get the same graphics.

I'll wait till I see the full set before I render my final opinions... But so far, I'm not overly impressed...

It way over dude with the 24Hour News Source, 24 Hour Newsroom etc. Just let it go. Either News 8, 8News or Local 8 News. Keep it simple and keep it movin'.

It way over dude with the 24Hour News Source, 24 Hour Newsroom etc. Just let it go. Either News 8, 8News or Local 8 News. Keep it simple and keep it movin'.

But when its still around and just one of three left to use it (WOOD and KCRG being the other two), it kinda makes sense to keep some nostalgia around. It takes you back to the good old days with the name and its just brand recognition. I bet you somewhere in Indianapolis would say "24-Hour News 8" because its just stuck with them in their minds.

But when its still around and just one of three left to use it (WOOD and KCRG being the other two), it kinda makes sense to keep some nostalgia around. It takes you back to the good old days with the name and its just brand recognition. I bet you somewhere in Indianapolis would say "24-Hour News 8" because its just stuck with them in their minds.

I agree 100%. That brand has been with Central Indiana viewers since 1990. You are watching WISH TV your 24 hour "Local News source" and now News8 at 6.

[GALLERY=media, 1071]7676CFF5-264D-4892-AA11-9092B9600ED4 by Sendir posted May 20, 2018 at 1:36 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 1070]1683FE2A-BC37-4F6D-BC96-0813523B2C40 by Sendir posted May 20, 2018 at 1:36 PM[/GALLERY]

Preview from their livestream.

I could be wrong, but this looks like the kind of stuff Z Space would do (this is considering Nexstar prefers to do all of their set builds in-house from local contractors rather than outsource to another company).

It was cute back in the 90s, but I never really cared for 24Hour[Whatever], but for me Eyewitness News & Action News are more nostalgia for me and love those two moniker names.

With tv stations nowadays mandated with sets, graphics, music and cookie cutter logos. I agree with nostalgia effects, but certain brand identities stick with the viewers, but 24Hour branding is no longer needed with 24/7 cable outlets, station websites, social media and more.

It was cute back in the 90s, but I never really cared for 24Hour[Whatever], but for me Eyewitness News & Action News are more nostalgia for me and love those two moniker names.

With tv stations nowadays mandated with sets, graphics, music and cookie cutter logos. I agree with nostalgia effects, but certain brand identities stick with the viewers, but 24Hour branding is no longer needed with 24/7 cable outlets, station websites, social media and more.

Well, the "24-Hour News Source" thing is still nostalgia for me because it still reminds me of the 90s and what a wonderful time television was back then. WISH, WOOD and KCRG are doing a terrific job of keeping the "24-Hour News" thing in there somewhere.

Tbh, I rather have "24-Hour News 8" than just simply "News 8" because at least its different. I mean, yeah there's already "News 8" in plenty of places (WTNH, formerly WFAA, KFMB, WROC, etc.) but only two use "24-Hour News 8," WISH and WOOD. That's why it stands out for me and why it should stick around.

Well, the "24-Hour News Source" thing is still nostalgia for me because it still reminds me of the 90s and what a wonderful time television was back then. WISH, WOOD and KCRG are doing a terrific job of keeping the "24-Hour News" thing in there somewhere.

Tbh, I rather have "24-Hour News 8" than just simply "News 8" because at least its different. I mean, yeah there's already "News 8" in plenty of places (WTNH, formerly WFAA, KFMB, WROC, etc.) but only two use "24-Hour News 8," WISH and WOOD. That's why it stands out for me and why it should stick around.

Growing up in Grand Rapids, I've always known it as 24-hour News 8... I cringe at the thought of calling it "Local 8"... WOOD is known for their uncanny interruptions, hence the 24-hour News format... I will cry when/if Nexstar changes it....

[quote name='MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie']Growing up in Grand Rapids, I've always known it as 24-hour News 8... I cringe at the thought of calling it "Local 8"... WOOD is known for their uncanny interruptions, hence the 24-hour News format... I will cry when/if Nexstar changes it....[/QUOTE] And this is the point I'm trying to make. Its nostalgia to @MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie so why fix something that ain't broken?

They haven't put it on the air yet but Brooke Martin gave us a Facebook Tour.

From Brooke's Facebook:

"Drum roll, please!

Here it is, friends! Our new home away from home. We’re still rehearsing but will be bringing it to you live on WISH-TV shortly.

Also, all of the back screens (right now it looks light purple) are all changeable to any color, so that’s not what the color will be permanently.

What do you think?"

Archived