WKYC Cleveland New set.

news89

I will say this first. I been keeping this under my wraps and monitoring the on air changes til it was official. In the past few weeks they have been slowly taking the current set apart. I came across the morning anchor John Anderson IG feed today and noticed a picture was posted.

[MEDIA=instagram]BdsJ55DFjiG[/MEDIA]

1st pic is from Dec 28th. The upstairs set is still intacted.20171228_192812.thumb.jpg.cb6a195218560e6886f34259021efc75.jpg

2nd pic is from Jan 5th. Upstairs is gone expect the frames. And floor is cut.

20180105_192821.thumb.jpg.800e227c099e38e8e0f2700d616e1004.jpg

3rd is wide shot of the set and studio.20180108_182901.thumb.jpg.d678918f962f606bcf9c3d497c064ed7.jpg

[ATTACH=full]5134[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5135[/ATTACH]

The backbone of the set dates back when WKYC moved to the current location in middle of 2000.

[ATTACH=full]5134[/ATTACH]

I think it's because there are really large elements in what appears to be a small space, so everything (to me) seems disproportionate and claustrophobic. If those large angled beams were farther back maybe it would "feel" better. How big is that studio? It seems long but lacking much depth.

I think it's because there are really large elements in what appears to be a small space, so everything (to me) seems disproportionate and claustrophobic. If those large angled beams were farther back maybe it would "feel" better. How big is that studio? It seems long but lacking much depth.

http://www.broadcastdesign.com/hot-designs/newsrooms/wkyc/#.WlURK3NOngA

http://www.newscaststudio.com/setstudio/wkyc/

It looked nice from the few times I caught their newscast. With the open studio and newsroom backdrop I am intrigued at how the TEGNA set will be adapted. Unless of course they decide to close off the space or there’s a secondary studio.

I remember when management at WKYC said years ago they weren't going to change their set because the competition or the company wanted them to get those mandate Gannett sets....They were happy with what they had, oh but now a different tune.....hmmmm. I hope it not crap like the others....I don't think KARE 11 in MSP getting a new set anytime soon.

I remember when management at WKYC said years ago they weren't going to change their set because the competition or the company wanted them to get those mandate Gannett sets....They were happy with what they had, oh but now a different tune.....hmmmm. I hope it not crap like the others....I don't think KARE 11 in MSP getting a new set anytime soon.

KARE kind of sparked (maybe not sparked but they were the first wave) the new set trend for TEGNA. The only difference was that their set was either designed in house or locally. The only thing I think is similar is how KAREs desk is a guitar pick like shape that has been expanded upon at other sets.

Edited to add context.

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH=full]5389[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5390[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5391[/ATTACH]

It's the the same set just modified. They added 2 new stand up area in newsroom. Also added large monitor wall in the main studio area.

They even kept that ugly "3" desk?!? Nooooooo!!!!!

Archived