Telemundo adding midday network news

east-tx-tv

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/telemundo-adds-local-national-newscasts-noon-hour/170946

The following Telemundo O/O's (KVEA, WNJU, WSCV, KTMD, KXTX, WSNS, KVDA, KTAZ, KHRR, KTLM) will have local midday news, followed in the hour by the new network midday newscast. Both the local newscasts and the national "Noticias Telemundo Mediodia" airings will launch Jan. 22.

Wow, a network midday newscast? When was the last time that was even a thing? I know NBC used to have a five-minute newscast at 12:55 PM for much of the 70s (which proved to be the detriment of the neutered, riddle-less Jackpot! and the criminally short-lived Three for the Money).

Telemundo's really, really serious about news. Univision has not responded at all, either.

I would have thought local morning news, not midday, would be next, but this is quite the surprise. Both local and network news, too...very surprising.

Telemundo's really, really serious about news. Univision has not responded at all, either.

I would have thought local morning news, not midday, would be next, but this is quite the surprise. Both local and network news, too...very surprising.

They have. Its called "Noticiero Univision - Edicion Digital" at 12:00 Noon followed by the local editions of Edicion Digital in select markets at 12:30 p.m. In other markets, its Hoy.

They have. Its called "Noticiero Univision - Edicion Digital" at 12:00 Noon followed by the local editions of Edicion Digital in select markets at 12:30 p.m. In other markets, its Hoy.

Oh duh, that's right. Have they expanded in the early evening?

Oh duh, that's right. Have they expanded in the early evening?

Primer Impacto is still on at 5:00 p.m. in 2018.

The big Univision affiliates that do news are on weekdays from 5:00-8:00 a.m. (last hour on UniMas), 12:30, 6:00 and 11:00 p.m.

The big Telemundo affiliates that do news will soon have weekdays from 5:00-7:00 a.m., 12:00 Noon, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00 and 11:00 p.m.

In other words, Telemundo is smoking Univision out of the water and you are right, Telemundo is SERIOUS about news.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/telemundo-adds-local-national-newscasts-noon-hour/170946

The following Telemundo O/O's (KVEA, WNJU, WSCV, KTMD, KXTX, WSNS, KVDA, KTAZ, KHRR, KTLM) will have local midday news, followed in the hour by the new network midday newscast. Both the local newscasts and the national "Noticias Telemundo Mediodia" airings will launch Jan. 22.

Sorry to double post but I wanna offer my thoughts...

I remember when WSCV was just 6-7am, 6 and 11pm. A decade later, they've added a 5am hour and added weeknights at 5 and 5:30pm. Not to mention, they're bringing back midday news too! WSCV used to have one on at 11:30am, I believe before the NBCU meltdown, pre-Comcast.

But wait, what will happen to Acceso Total, and isn't Un Nuevo Dia supposed to expand to 90 minutes later to fully (and above) compete with Univision's Despierta America? http://www.latingossip.com/television/un-nuevo-dia-expanding-by-an-hour-and-a-half.html

I guess UND plans didn't go through. That's okay since Telemundo is adding more local news across its affiliates.

Archived