WBFF-TV Fox Baltimore ... getting new set

susquvalleywgal

WJZ is still stuck in the late 90s...Here hoping a new set and a newsroom update comes their way, but it probably be next year the way they move into 21st century.

As for FOX 45 they will probably get those WSYX, KOMO type of set which seems to be in their wheelhouse.

I've gotta say, that set aged quite nicely. The same can be said for WJZ's set. I guess 45 got wind of changes at 13 and realized it's time to step their game up.

As always sets are planned a year or more in advanced. This isn’t just the type of thing stations do on a whim. I am curious as what type of set they’ll be getting.

But I want to say is that I believe WBAL, WBFF and WMAR are all on their second sets since the WJZ one debuted in 1998.

Well WBFF is on their temp set and it looks like almost everything was moved into the temp set. They have their standup areas and home base looks the same. I think they replaced the rear projection screen behind the anchor desk with a duratrans of the typical graphic.

The only thing that looks like didn’t make the move was the weather center. All the hits are done from the chroma key.

It looks like they built a nice presentation pod at a corner (I don’t think I’ve seen it before). Each corner wall has a monitor on it. One wall has a graphic of North America that’s partly obstructed by the monitor and the other looks like it has a clouds backdrop.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Rumor has it WBFF's new set has seen major delays... September launch likely.

It better be state of art. They used studio Monday or Tuesday (I am assuming it’s one as it has a cyc and stage doors). To demonstrated defensive tactics to students and teachers in school shootings.

• 2 months later...
Rumor has it WBFF's new set has seen major delays... September launch likely.

The new set has been in place for months, the delay has been from the build out of the new studio control room. Word is it should be launching soon.

The new set has been in place for months, the delay has been from the build out of the new studio control room. Word is it should be launching soon.

I was under the impression a year or two ago new control room was built based on social media postings.

They must be implementing some kind of automation like Overdrive. That would explain the delays as these systems cause more problems than they solve by trying to save $$$$$$$$ with less bodies....

• 2 weeks later...
Smart, clean, network look on the set & graphics!

The last set was cool, this is def raising the bar in Baltimore.

Are you telling me they're actually USING the LED curtains to change colors depending on the time of day/breaking news? Lawwwwwwwd

I'll bet you the reason for the delay and everything was because they were waiting to see what WJZ was going to put out. Then, they decided to up the ante to make sure their debut doesn't get overshadowed in the wake of WJZ's debut.

Archived