VICE: Climate Change and TV Weather

MikePulse

Vice News decided to cover the climate change battle through the eyes of two weathermen - WDIV’s Paul Gross (his bio doesn’t really list any set times) and Spann (the name alone needs no preamble. Though we should remind ourselves the people he works for are very...

).

The story can only be seen on the HBO streaming platforms; until it gets on the Vice News website or their YouTube, I’ll allow access for you guys to watch on my HBO Now account. Just ask for the log in information.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we used to see more climate deniers (self-styled "skeptics") among the TV meteorologist camp, but I think there's been a sea-change over the past few years.

Aside from Spann and other notables like Paul Dellegatto on WTVT in Tampa, plus the now-retired John Coleman...a lot of highly-respected mets are onboard with climate education: Aside from the above-mentioned names...you can add Tom Skilling, Mike Nelson, Dan Satterfield, Ginger Zee, etc.

Archived