WHO 13News To Get New Graphics

kfc513

Yeah, let’s see, that would make WHO-TV the 11th Station in Tribune’s portfolio with the new graphics. I’ve made a list of all the debuts of these graphics right here:

WXMI - April 22, 2013

WXIN - June 17, 2013

KSWB-TV - July 29, 2013

KTXL - September 23, 2013

WPMT - October 4, 2013

WTIC-TV - October 30, 2013

WGNO - April 2014

KFSM - Early 2015

KFOR-TV - August 20, 2017

KDVR - October 16, 2017

And now, WHO-TV.

Seriously though, WJW, WDAF, WGHP, KSTU and especially WITI need these graphics. And they need them BADLY.

Found this while looking around Vimeo last night. Looks like it's going to be a version of the graphics that WXIN, KSWB, WGNO and others are using.

[MEDIA=vimeo]242694792[/MEDIA]

I checked their live stream, and they're not using these yet.

I guess that would be for KDSM.

I'll make a point here.

Just because Sinclair is buying Tribune doesn't necessarily mean this package is going in the trash. Sinclair might opt to keep the Tribune graphics hub and packages, and maybe even offer some more variety to their looks ala Gray or Nexstar. I know, wishful thinking, but it's not a given that Sinclair's lousy graphics package will spread to the Tribune stations.

Underailing this thread now! Graphics seem nice - they do a good job taking graphics meant for affiliates of one network and changing them up for more generic usage. I think I like it more than the Fox version.

I'll make a point here.

Just because Sinclair is buying Tribune doesn't necessarily mean this package is going in the trash. Sinclair might opt to keep the Tribune graphics hub and packages, and maybe even offer some more variety to their looks ala Gray or Nexstar. I know, wishful thinking, but it's not a given that Sinclair's lousy graphics package will spread to the Tribune stations.

Underailing this thread now! Graphics seem nice - they do a good job taking graphics meant for affiliates of one network and changing them up for more generic usage. I think I like it more than the Fox version.

Count me in as being pleasantly surprised with how well this package has worked outside of Fox affiliates.

I'll make a point here.

I want to say I read somewhere years ago that the Sinclair execs were very unimpressed with the final product of the current glass and curves packages that the Sinclair stations use. It was designed by a Canadian firm or something. Apparently what was promised animation wise wasn't delivered or something and they just decided to use what they got because they already paid for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I'd like to know why WHO's & KFOR's weather graphics didn't switch over... both their current graphics do not mesh well at all.

FWIW KTXL has been using the Fox version of this look and the weather computers are still using the same original HD look from 2009.

Archived