Amanda Davis, veteran Atlanta news anchor, dead at 62

wabceyewitness

Amanda Davis is dead at 62 after suffering a massive stroke Tuesday night while waiting for a flight at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. WGCL-TV/CBS46 announced her death Wednesday night.

Davis spent 26 years at WAGA-TV and most recently joined WGCL-TV as morning news anchor.

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/breaking-veteran-anchor-amanda-davis-dies/MLPEjGB2zCtwkfDycjNiQK/

Talking about the death that shook its city to its core. Wow. Condolences not only to Amanda's family, friends + colleagues but to THE CITY of Atlanta which she called home for more than 30 years. I'm watching livestream encore on cbs46.com as I've read the news. Ossmann + Greer on the phone shocked and tearful.

http://www.cbs46.com/category/213015/news-live-stream

Tough news indeed. I moved to Atlanta after her FOX 5 tenure ended and only caught a little bit of her on CBS 46 but knew what impact she had on the community. Although she had her personal struggles, she genuinely appeared to be getting the help she needed to stay on the right track.

Sad...

Such a tragic loss... My condolences to her and her family...

OASN: It was mentioned a few days ago that she was slurring her speech and the rumor was that she was drinking again... I'm pretty sure this was a precursor to the stroke....

I completely agree with your side note.

I grew up watching Amanda Davis, first on Good Day Atlanta, then on the evening news broadcasts. I had such a soft spot for her because she reminds me of my own mom. I know things were very difficult for her in recent years, but she was Atlanta personified. God bless her and her family during this most difficult time.

Archived