2018-19 Syndication News

The Frog

On behalf of all the sideshow freaks out there...

Thank You Jerry !

We tossed a lot of little people into pudding...and showed us there are many genders...and some real questionable people who will say anything for a free trip to the midwest and a towncar ride with Andre Cold Duck and free McDonalds.

How many shows can boast the need for 10 "greenrooms".

RIP Jerry...

Toss a foldingl chair my way.

Remember, it'll still be in reruns for at least one more year. Other than that, it's now one down, two to go.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goodbye Springer! After 27 years, its been canceled.

https://screenrant.com/jerry-springer-show-reportedly-canceled/

Old news. But more importantly, aren't you sad? I thought you were a fan of the trash trio. The CW has the right to order more new episodes.

Remember, it'll still be in reruns for at least one more year. Other than that, it's now one down, two to go.

I think the article said multiple years. And the CW reserves right to order more new shows.

Maury can’t be far behind.

I think it was reported Maury and Wilkos were renewed for two more seasons.

Old news. But more importantly, aren't you sad? I thought you were a fan of the trash trio. The CW has the right to order more new episodes.

You guys may joke around but there are large local businesses that owe their very existence to Springer...

Freeway Insurance...

The General...

Coast Auto...

Eastwood...

In California those companies started out buying time on Springer. Jenny, Geraldo etc..

Pretty much the same across the USA those ad buys were large but also those clients were great and regular buyers of inventory.

You could buy Springer...Trade Springer...hell at KBEX-TV we even sold Springer with our evening sign-off as a package buy.

Springer generated bucks in every community it was viewed in. Poor communities benifited from Springer just because of the trickle-down effect.

Spriinger buys were local...maybe the regional bogus "trade school" where you learned pay phone repair....or the local lawyer who does accidents and taxes.

lastly...

Springer was NOT canceled.

Jerry would never let them say that to his face.

The show is just "over" for now.

Watching Match Game reruns on BUZZR this afternoon and apparently they now stream online, along with being available on DISH Network. I knew they were on DISH, but how many of the diginets stream online, outside of some of the smaller/lesser-carried ones like Heartland?

Yep, Buzzr started streaming on their website since June 1st - the network's third birthday.

Watching Match Game reruns on BUZZR this afternoon and apparently they now stream online, along with being available on DISH Network. I knew they were on DISH, but how many of the diginets stream online, outside of some of the smaller/lesser-carried ones like Heartland?

Comet and Stadium have their own channels (apps) on Roku. I get Buzzr, Cozi, and GetTV via the Fluxus IPTV m3u address on Kodi. I use many m3u IPTV addresses on Roku’s Private m3u Black Player Channel. I’m pretty close to ditching cable with all of the channels I get from here and all over the world.

WXSP will have to put on something different at 10AM come the fall as they ran Jerry Springer from 04 or 05 taking it from WWMT that ran it from 96 to 04 or 05 moving to CW7 at 3PM WWMT's sister station on the subchannel. Muray & Willkos are on WXMI Fox17.

• 4 weeks later...

MyNetworkTV's new fall lineup. I meant to post this when it was released, but much like the programming service, it became an afterthought.

Monday, September 24

8-9 p.m.: Law & Order: CI

9-10 p.m.: Law & Order: CI

Tuesday, September 25

8-9 p.m.: Chicago P.D.

9-10 p.m.: Chicago P.D.

Wednesday, September 26

8-9 p.m.: Dateline

9-10 p.m.: Dateline

Thursday, September 27

8-9 p.m.: The Good Wife

9-10 p.m.: The Good Wife

Friday, September 28

8-9 p.m.: CSI: Miami

9-10 p.m.: CSI: Miami

https://deadline.com/2018/07/mynetworktv-fall-schedule-2018-chicago-p-d-good-wife-csi-miami-1202423348/

Late reply but, if Buzzr could add classic episodes of shows like Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune and The Price Is Right (anything up to 2007 that is) I would watch that network more

Raycom Media has announced it will air a new show called "Me Time with Frangela," hosted by Frances Callier and Angela V. Shelton. It will start in September on all of the Raycom stations. No word on if any of the Gray stations will pick it up.

Update on show relocations:

How did anyone miss this unless it flew over my head but just found that since last fall, 'Family Feud' has moved back to Los Angeles, filming at CBS TV City. This move coincides with recent moves of Steve Harvey's Talk + Radio shows.

https://www.familyfeud.com/2017/06/22/back-in-la/

In turn, 'Divorce Court' moves from LA to Atlanta this coming fall. This move makes it 3 shows in production in ATL, along with 'Paternity Court' + 'Couples Court'. Tapings start next month:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/lynn-toler-divorce-court-moving-atlanta-from/5U1Nyifs2wXdhck91pOngJ/

How did anyone miss this unless it flew over my head but just found that since last fall, 'Family Feud' has moved back to Los Angeles, filming at CBS TV City. This move coincides with recent moves of Steve Harvey's Talk + Radio shows.

In turn, 'Divorce Court' moves from LA to Atlanta this coming fall. This move makes it 3 shows in production in ATL, along with 'Paternity Court' + 'Couples Court'. Tapings start next month:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/lynn-toler-divorce-court-moving-atlanta-from/5U1Nyifs2wXdhck91pOngJ/

All of them (Steve and Divorce Court) of course involved tax credits, so get ready for the "Made in Georgia" theme at the end of Divorce Court. And Family Feud was more also because the Atlanta Civic Center where they taped is being marketed for razing/redevelopment.

This would mark a return of Family Feud to Television City (Family Feud was taped at Television City from 1988-95)

This would mark a return of Family Feud to Television City (Family Feud was taped at Television City from 1988-95)

This isn't really a return for them, as Celebrity Family Feud has been taping at Television City since it began in 2015.

This isn't really a return for them, as Celebrity Family Feud has been taping at Television City since it began in 2015.

Well the regular syndicated version of Family Feud it is a return to Television City, I forgot about the Celebrity version being taped at Television City

Late reply but, if Buzzr could add classic episodes of shows like Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune and The Price Is Right (anything up to 2007 that is) I would watch that network more

Buzzr is owned by Fremantle Media which owns the libraries for game shows produced by Mark Goodson-Bill Todman, Reg Grundy, Carothers, and Al Howard so Wheel and Jeopardy which is owned by Sony (who owns GSN) will never appear on Buzzr.

Buzzr is owned by Fremantle Media which owns the libraries for game shows produced by Mark Goodson-Bill Todman, Reg Grundy, Carothers, and Al Howard so Wheel and Jeopardy which is owned by Sony (who owns GSN) will never appear on Buzzr.

That's alright maybe we'll see old episodes of The Price Is Right with Bob Barker and the early years of the Drew Carey era on Buzzr

If there was a new diginet like Buzzr, Sony would create GSN Classic. Classic game shows from the 70s, 80s and 90s including reruns of Goodson-Todman shows, and Sony shows including Pyramid (IMO, $100K Pyramid Clark (S01-03) & Davidson 91 S01 & 02).

If there was a new diginet like Buzzr, Sony would create GSN Classic. Classic game shows from the 70s, 80s and 90s including reruns of Goodson-Todman shows, and Sony shows including Pyramid (IMO, $100K Pyramid Clark (S01-03) & Davidson 91 S01 & 02).

You know, a question just came to my mind this morning: If it came down to it, would Me-TV or Antenna TV be more of a fit for "The $25,000 Pyramid" (the '80s CBS version with Dick Clark)? In my mind, Antenna TV would be an OK fit, since they have aired many Sony shows in the past, but I could definitely see Me-TV airing the show. The show is a classic in its own way, you know......

Any thoughts on this????

Sony ended up with the rights to the older Pyramids? Didn't know that.

Raycom Media has announced it will air a new show called "Me Time with Frangela," hosted by Frances Callier and Angela V. Shelton. It will start in September on all of the Raycom stations. No word on if any of the Gray stations will pick it up.

Should be an interesting show. I love when they're on Stephanie Miller's radio show.

Archived