2018-19 Syndication News

The Frog

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Debmar-Mercury has launched a new show called "Caught in Providence" for fall 2018. It's a court show featuring Judge Frank Caprio, and it'll air on WNYW, KTTV, KRIV, KDFW, KTVU, KSAZ, WOFL, KMSP, and WJZY. The only Fox O&Os that haven't picked it up are in Tampa and Philadelphia.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/caught-in-providence-court-show-judge-frank-caprio-fox-stations-fall-2018-1202224808/

Looks like WJBK has a replacement for Harry which will be going away by then.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Debmar-Mercury has launched a new show called "Caught in Providence" for fall 2018. It's a court show featuring Judge Frank Caprio, and it'll air on WNYW, KTTV, KRIV, KDFW, KTVU, KSAZ, WOFL, KMSP, and WJZY. The only Fox O&Os that haven't picked it up are in Tampa, and Philadelphia.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/caught-in-providence-court-show-judge-frank-caprio-fox-stations-fall-2018-1202224808/

I'm actually intrigued by this new show. If you look at YouTube clips featuring this show, it can be funny, raw, revealing and honest.

I like it so give Caught in Providence a chance.

aren't their contracts up after this season?

Yup all 3 are up it will Sinclair's choice to renew the trash talkers or not. My guess is one of the trash talkers ends there run in may my bet is Jerry Springer will retire just my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe that The Doctors is coming back for a season 11 thought it would have ended for a Matter Of Fact. Which I could see WOTV taking the show replacing Harry or WZZM which they should get a better shows on at 10AM than Sister Circle at 10AM & Page Six TV at 10:30AM. If I was WOTV I'd put Access Live on surprise it hasn't ever been cleared in West Michigan Market as WOTV airs Access at 7PM.

Update on Page Six TV, which was renewed for season 2. Host John Fugelsang left + since then a rotation of guest hosts of the weeks will finish off the freshman year:

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/john-fugelsang-exits-page-six-tv

I hope for his sake he's not involve in some 'Me too' situation, which i don't see or haven't heard....yet.

Also I've read in chatterbox a while back that NCIS: New Orleans + Madam Secretary are replacing Blue Bloods (and CSI Miami?) for weekend syndies? If so, where's the source then?

Update on Page Six TV, which was renewed for season 2. Host John Fugelsang left + since then a rotation of guest hosts of the weeks will finish off the freshman year:

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/john-fugelsang-exits-page-six-tv

I hope for his sake he's not involve in some 'Me too' situation, which i don't see or haven't heard....yet.

Also I've read in chatterbox a while back that NCIS: New Orleans + Madam Secretary are replacing Blue Bloods (and CSI Miami?) for weekend syndies? If so, where's the source then?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.katzmediagroup.com/research/Dropoff/Insights/KATZ%20NATPE%202018%20PREVIEW%20FINAL.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjrpqqE8JraAhUOWK0KHVDXBP8QFjABegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw3G1Rd_jcvyZcxCfItWKkH6

It's a pdf file but it pretty much says that those shows (NCIS: NO and MS) are launching in Syndication.

Update on Page Six TV, which was renewed for season 2. Host John Fugelsang left...I hope for his sake he's not involve in some 'Me too' situation, which i don't see or haven't heard....yet.

He said on Twitter he departed on good terms and supports the cast, so it's probably the usual 'creative differences'...likely the NY Post and 20th wanting the show to out-sleaze Daily Mail TV and compare to TMZ and he didn't want to do it. I was surprised from the beginning he signed on to it in the first place.

He said on Twitter he departed on good terms and supports the cast, so it's probably the usual 'creative differences'...likely the NY Post and 20th wanting the show to out-sleaze Daily Mail TV and compare to TMZ and he didn't want to do it. I was surprised from the beginning he signed on to it in the first place.

It's not possible to out-sleaze Daily Mail.

Page Six is owned by Rupert Murdoch and the company that brings you Fox News. John is a well known liberal comedian and political commentator. I'm fairly sure his stand-up acts and political commentaries rubbed Fox the wrong way. He might have also been forced to curtail his political activities while doing the show. If so, he might have chosen to walk rather than wear a muzzle.

• 4 weeks later...
Page Six is owned by Rupert Murdoch and the company that brings you Fox News. John is a well known liberal comedian and political commentator. I'm fairly sure his stand-up acts and political commentaries rubbed Fox the wrong way. He might have also been forced to curtail his political activities while doing the show. If so, he might have chosen to walk rather than wear a muzzle.

On a side note, who is exactly taking over 20th Television? Is that library going to Disney/ABC or is that staying put with New Fox? It's not that clear what exactly will happen and have yet to read any prior article saying what will happen, Family Feud would be the only syndicated first-run show that would be of interest from either party.

Dr. Oz renewed for two more seasons (thru the '20-'21 season) for the Fox & Hearst stations.

Who keeps watching this? True crime has nothing to do with medicine (outside of forensics, and that's an incredible stretch), and the only people (if you can call them that) who put credence in his advice these days feature the word [sPAM] in email subject lines and are never seen. I know the reason Hearst picked it up (to keep the All My Children removal problem at bay on their ABC stations until then) and Fox doesn't want a Trash Triad show, but who else would seriously regard Oz as a good talk show.

On a side note, who is exactly taking over 20th Television? Is that library going to Disney/ABC or is that staying put with New Fox? It's not that clear what exactly will happen and have yet to read any prior article saying what will happen, Family Feud would be the only syndicated first-run show that would be of interest from either party.

If Disney picked it up and made the writers tone down the filth, it would be a godsend. I'm not a prude by any means, but FF's questions make the show incredibly unwatchable. But New Fox probably is retaining the syndication division, as Disney's output is limited to "Live" and "Millionaire", along with a few other shows.

I was under the impression that 20th TV was headed for Disney. Which would make sense from their perspective, seeing as how Disney-ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution has shriveled up.

Twenieth doesn’t distribute “Family Feud,” Lionsgate subsidiary Debmar-Mercury does. Twentieth handles the barter advertiser sales in the show and other D-M shows.

I was under the impression that 20th TV was headed for Disney. Which would make sense from their perspective, seeing as how Disney-ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution has shriveled up.

Yep. 20th Television may end up being folded into Disney-ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution with 20th Century Fox Telvision being folded into ABC Studios in the even the Disney-21CF deal does go through by Summer 2019. After all....just one Fox. In the event that I was repeating myself, my sincere and formal apologies for that and for going slightly off the topic.

I'm surprise no word on NBCU trashy talk of Jerry, Murray & Steve Wilcos I think as I said before I think Sinclair should have given Tribune the right to either renew or cancelled the trashy talk shows.

I'm surprise no word on NBCU trashy talk of Jerry, Murray & Steve Wilcos I think as I said before I think Sinclair should have given Tribune the right to either renew or cancelled the trashy talk shows.

Not to mention that WMYD, which is the Detroit rightsholder for all three shows, may have a hard time finding replacements should they all be cancelled, especially since it's owner, Scripps, is being speculated on this forum that they may sell all of their stations.

All 3 shows will keep going for at least 3 more years. They attract a consistant and loyal audience.

I can't believe that The Doctors is coming back for a season 11 thought it would have ended for a Matter Of Fact. Which I could see WOTV taking the show replacing Harry or WZZM which they should get a better shows on at 10AM than Sister Circle at 10AM & Page Six TV at 10:30AM. If I was WOTV I'd put Access Live on surprise it hasn't ever been cleared in West Michigan Market as WOTV airs Access at 7PM.

Same for The Doctors. Both that show and Doctor Oz have lots of loyal viewers, including those who wan't to get healthier.

KCRA - Nothing Is Being Changed.

KXTV - Nothing is Being changed.

KOVR - Face the truth might see a premier coming and replacing Dr. Phil's timeslot, Judge Judy is staying put on KOVR due to Hot Bench on KMAX.

KTXL - Steve Wilkos is Staying put.

KQCA - Jerry Springer, Maury, The Real are staying put.

Archived