2018-19 Syndication News

The Frog

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Asomrjsurf said:

KMBC will air Hall's show in Harvey's Spot and move Harvey to KCWE in place of Springer repeat. Court shows to either 38 the Spot or KSMOTV,Game show to WDAF,more Newscast added in KC area.

More news in the KC area? This sounds like more of a speculation post to me for right now.

• 2 weeks later...

After seemingly endless episodes with solo stand-in hosts and multi stand-in hosts, Wendy's show will start airing reruns on Monday.  No timeline was given for the reruns, nor for the return of Wendy to the show.  She has not appeared in a new episode of her show since before Christmas.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6726175/The-Wendy-Williams-going-reruns-amid-hosts-months-long-absence-medical-reasons.html

11 hours ago, east-tx-tv said:

After seemingly endless episodes with solo stand-in hosts and multi stand-in hosts, Wendy's show will start airing reruns on Monday. (No timeline was given for the reruns[...])

And end on Friday...

11 hours ago, east-tx-tv said:

[...], nor for the return of Wendy. 

...Wendy will return on March 4.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/wendy-williams-march-return-show-hiatus-1202561742/

On 2/21/2019 at 11:17 AM, Eyewitness News-man said:

And end on Friday...

...Wendy will return on March 4.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/wendy-williams-march-return-show-hiatus-1202561742/

Yeah, no sooner than I got it out of my mouth.  I don't know if Wendy is suddenly better, or if she was scared to lose her show, or what.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Megatron81 said:

Tamron Hall debuts on Sep 9TH. I wonder if that is when Kelly Clarkson makes her debut or if it will be a week later Sep 16TH?

I did hear somewhere that even though Kelly's show will replace Steve on the NBC O&O's, Steve wants to keep his show on the air under a new distributor, whether it be on other stations, or on a completely different platform (like cable or streaming), is not known.

'Jeopardy' host Alex Trebex announced thru video from the set that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This stage means the disease has spread to other parts of his body + though it can't be cured there, it can be treated. Trebek acknowledges that the survival rate for pancreatic cancer is low. He has three years left in his current contract, with his dry wit helping him out joking that he need all the help he can to fulfill the commitment. Simply put, #PrayForAlex. It's been some tough few days for entertainment. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jeopardy-host-alex-trebek-diagnosed-pancreatic-cancer-1192747

12 minutes ago, justin2kx said:

'Jeopardy' host Alex Trebex announced thru video from the set that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This stage means the disease has spread to other parts of his body + though it can't be cured there, it can be treated. Trebek acknowledges that the survival rate for pancreatic cancer is low. He has three years left in his current contract, with his dry wit helping him out joking that he need all the help he can to fulfill the commitment. Simply put, #PrayForAlex. It's been some tough few days for entertainment. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jeopardy-host-alex-trebek-diagnosed-pancreatic-cancer-1192747

Very sad news.

3 hours ago, justin2kx said:

'Jeopardy' host Alex Trebex announced [...] he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

2 hours ago, Oliverolang said:

Very sad news.

Truly sad and heartbreaking.

I've watched Jeopardy! since childhood, and Mr. Trebek has been a recognized face throughout and ever since, and It hits me that I can't see the show or its continued success without him (even at his current age or condition). He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

This one hit me like a ton of bricks. Maybe because they're both classy, professional Canadians, but I got some strong Peter Jennings vibes from that announcement video, and a good way, though Alex does not appear visibly sick, like Peter did.

As for the program, the format is great enough to survive a host change. Now, of course you still need a good host, but if you keep the larger property consistent, it can survive. Still, that's not a discussion I care to have right now, but damn, it's a shame that the producers need to have that in mind, so soon.

Probably a bit out of left-field for this year's syndie thread, but Meredith (which had The Better Show in syndication for years) is getting back into the original programming game with People under their belt, launching People TV in fall 2020 (claiming it's a Meredith station-only launch but you know that they'll have more than that on the roster at launch). It's basically the final nail in the coffin for Celebrity Page, which has a content agreement with Meredith but basically became a hilarious albatross after Meredith's purchase of Time, as they can't touch People/EW content and have to depend on lower-tier celeb rags for their stories.

57 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

Meredith is getting back into the original programming game with People under their belt, launching People TV in fall 2020 

I'm a bit (and only a bit) surprised that it took this long for this magazine to have its own TV show. And even more so while ET, Inside Edition, Extra and Access are still around and going strong.

1 hour ago, mrschimpf said:

It's basically the final nail in the coffin for Celebrity Page

Meredith and the other producers might as well cut their losses and cancel it now then merge its assets into PeopleTV. No point in continuing this little train that (possibly) could when the Acela that is People will cream it on the ratings track.

I hope Alex beats cancer so very sad about the news about Alex. Yeah I think Celebrity Page should end at the end of the season in early Sep just my opinion or let Reelz run it since they have a stake in the show when it was called OK! TV when it debut in 2013. People is coming in the fall of 2020 which I'm sure will be on Nexstar station as they own pretty much all Entertainment News Mags other than ET & DailyMail TV. 

I'd only go with WZZM for People if they get rid of Daily Blast Live which should be on in the afternoons not 7:30PM as that isn't a 7:30PM type show just my opinion reason why WZZM doesn't have Page Six TV this season and why WXSP took it which Nexstar owns at 11PM to compare at 10:30AM it's first season. I know no one cares LOL.

Archived