2018-19 Syndication News

The Frog

News from Gotham City:

No changes from WCBS, WNBC and WABC as far as i'm concerned.

WNYW: Dish Nation + Top 30 RRs replace 'harry' at 2p on 9/10. No word if it's permanent but most likely. 'Big Bang Theory' expands to 1 hr 9/10 11p-12a, pushing Modern Family at 12a + the simpsons at 12:30a. Chasing News + TMZ RRs at 1-2a all at 9/10. It'll be 3rd rerun (4th airings overall) for TMZ. Game Day Prime via NFL Network on 9/9 at 12a. That'll air on FOX Stations in general, give + take its timeslot. http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/fox-nfl-network-nfl-game-day-prime.html

WABCDT2: Thru the zombie Live Well Network, 'Pickler + Ben' airs there 9/17 at 10a, 8p + 4a, replacing the chew reruns. (the rest of the that chain-ABC O&Os- will air the show as well)

https://picklerandben.com/watch/

WWOR: Hour of 'Anger Management' replaces 'harry' rr on 9/10 at 10a. No word if its permanent, as 'Dateline' may slot there with 'Chicago PD' heading 9/24 at 11a + 12p. TMZ Live RR replaces Anger Management at 12a. Caught in providence at 2-3p (no date when it debuts), bumping 'judge faith' to 1p, replacing People's Court RR.

https://www.caughtinprovidence.com/showtimes

WPIX: 'Sins + secrets' known as 'True Crime Files' thru promotion, replaces Crime Watch Daily at 1p + 2a RR 9/10. 3pm is reflective thru CW Daytime as an eppy of springer replaces robert irvine show on 9/10. Side note: It appears thru 2 cw-plus .2 affils, 'Sins + Secrets' will air nationwide on CW Plus.

WLNY: 'street magic' on Sun 9/9 replaces another magic show 'don't blink' at 2p. 'Corrupt crimes' + 'killer mysteries' up ahead at 7-8a, The Doctors 1 hr ahead at 8a to make wave for, wait for it......'Cheaters' (yes. an 'LNY 'favorite' -pre CBS acquired-) at 9a. Funny you should ask up 1 hr at 4p to make wave for Face the truth at 5p, bumping 'last man standing' to 1a + 4a. Cops unleashed appears to exit syndie.

UPDATE: WCBS has NCIS: New Orleans 9/15-16 at 12 + 1a and Madam Secretary 9/16-17 at 12:30 + 1:30a, replacing Blue Bloods + CSI: Miami respectively.

WABC has Wipeout (big balls!) at 12 + 1a 9/15-16, replacing 'Scandal'.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to no surprise, once KTTV Fox 11's 10am news show ends at the end of this week, it's Wendy that'll be moving to post-Good Day slot at 10am (from 11am), and The Real will occupy the 11am slot (from 3pm).

Rachael Ray moves from KCOP 13 to Fox 11 at 2pm (occupying the former Harry Connick's spot).And Dr. Oz moves to 3pm (from 1pm). TMZ & Top 30 will occupy the 1pm slot next week.

[quote name='mvcg66b3r']Speaking of noon newscasts, when KETV Omaha launches one next week, it will push [I]GMA Day[/I] to a one-day delay at 11am. KETV actually aired [I]The Chew[/I] "live" at noon.[/QUOTE] When did KETV announce the launch of their Noon newscast and did you send a tip to @NCFLMedia about that?

[quote name='oknewsguy']When did KETV announce the launch of their Noon newscast and did you send a tip to @NCFLMedia about that?[/QUOTE] I read about it here, and I didn't tip him off: [URL]https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com/2018/09/02/wfaa-moving-midday-news-while-ketv-back-midday/[/URL] [quote]Another change to mention comes from KETV 7 out of Omaha where for the first time in years, the station will bring back a midday newscast. KETV NewsWatch 7 at Noon will also debut on Monday, September 10th and will be a half-hour newscast, just like the station’s last attempt where it was a half-hour newscast at 11:30 a.m. In this iteration, it will allow KETV to compete in full against KMTV 3 (CBS)’s half-hour newscast at noon. Also, unlike WFAA, [B]KETV will put GMA Day on a one-day delay at 11:00 a.m.[/B] to allow for the new newscast at noon. Also, TEGNA’s Daily Blast Live will air in the 12:30 p.m. timeslot. The noon newscast and DBL is effectively a replacement for Harry which aired at 11:00 a.m. and has been canceled.[/quote]

[quote name='oknewsguy']When did KETV announce the launch of their Noon newscast and did you send a tip to @NCFLMedia about that?[/QUOTE] [quote name='mvcg66b3r']I read about it here, and I didn't tip him off: [URL]https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com/2018/09/02/wfaa-moving-midday-news-while-ketv-back-midday/[/URL][/QUOTE] In other words, I'm good. I'm [B]REALLY[/B] good at this. Lmao.

As usual, not much going on in Pittsburgh. Wendy Williams moves to WPXI (from WPNT) at 11am, Rachel Ray replaces The Doctors at 2pm and The Doctors replaces Jerry Spiringer on WPGH at 4pm.

Some weekend changes...

KOKI will air NFLN's 'Game Day Prime' at 10:30pm Sundays after its' 10pm news beginning 9/16.

KOTV has picked up 'NCIS: NOLA' at 11:05pm, replacing 'Blue Bloods', after its' hour-long 10pm news Saturdays starting 9/15, followed by 'Madam Secretary' at 12:05am Sundays, replacing 'CSI: Miami'. 'Pawn Stars' is joining channel 6, airing 2 hours early Saturday mornings from 3-5am starting this weekend. The show will remain on KQCW, with only one early weekday airing at 4:30am after 'Access'.

KTUL debuts 'The James Brown Show' on Saturday nights at 2:30am on 9/15. The next morning has 'Street Magic' at 4:00am, followed by 'Sheriffs El Dorado County' at 4:30am.

WUAB is getting "black-ish" at 7pm and 11pm. Also, according to TitanTV, 43 is adding a 7:30pm newscast on September 17th, while WEWS is expanding its Noon newscast to a full-hour.

WJW is picking up "DailyMail TV" from 43 to replace "CrimeWatch Daily" at 2pm.

No word on "Caught in Providence" as the Cleveland listings are TBA on its website.

Nothing nuts in Chicago. WGN is moving 'DailyMail TV' from 2 to 3pm to replace 'Crime Watch Daily', reinstating a two-hour block of 'Maury' before that. They're adding 'Black-ish' at 7pm, replacing at least one half hour of 'Two and a Half Men'. Meanwhile, WCIU has debuted an evening game show block with 'Funny You Should Ask' and 'Millionaire' at 8 & 8:30pm, respectively, leading out of the WLS-produced newscast. The 4 other major stations in town are going untouched, syndie-wise.

WUAB is getting "black-ish" at 7pm and 11pm. Also, according to TitanTV, 43 is adding a 7:30pm newscast on September 17th, while WEWS is expanding its Noon newscast to a full-hour.

WJW is picking up "DailyMail TV" from 43 to replace "CrimeWatch Daily" at 2pm.

No word on "Caught in Providence" as the Cleveland listings are TBA on its website.

Fixed!

NYC Updates for 9/17

WWOR: Live PD: Police Patrol at 10a followed by TMZ RR at 10:30a (Live PD will also air 1:30a on WNYW) That week only, 'Dateline' will air *11a, *12p + 2p, particularly, preempting 'Judge Faith' (leaving schedule, is the show still in production btw?) However, 'faith' is relegated on low power WRNN 2p + 5p then. It appears Anger Management is leaving syndie, or at least on ch. 9 No word on when Caught in Providence will debut (still listed at 2-3p)

*Holdovers for Chicago PD at 11a + 12p on 9/24.

WPIX: Blackish debuts at 7-8p. Two and a half man at 12:30a + 1a. 'Mom' moves to more desirable timeslot at 1:30a (it has aired at 3a) PIX 11 News at 10 RR at 2a, The Goldbergs 2nd RR at 3a with the show that'll never give up in syndie, Rules of Engagement remaining at 3:30-4:30a.

Elsewhere: CWPlus: Blackish will makes its debut at 5p bumping the goldbergs to 10:30-11:30p. It appears king of the hill will leave the sked.

Over here in San Diego:

KGTV: (ABC) has picked up Hot Bench, will be airing at 3pm

KUSI: has picked up The Simpsons and will air an hour of the program at 8 pm. I'm guessing their lineup will have additional changes.

WCMH replaces The Doctors at 12pm with an hour of paid programming, leading into Days of Our Lives and Wendy Williams.

WSYX picks up The Doctors, replacing Harry in the 3pm slot. WSYX also picks up Pickler and Ben at 1:35 am.

WTTE picks up Face the Truth at noon, replacing Springer.

No changes on WBNS.

WCMH replaces The Doctors at 12pm with an hour of paid programming, leading into Days of Our Lives and Wendy Williams.

WSYX picks up The Doctors, replacing Harry in the 3pm slot. WSYX also picks up Pickler and Ben at 1:35 am.

WTTE picks up Face the Truth at noon, replacing Springer.

No changes on WBNS.

An hour of paid programming. Wow, I'm sure that'll pick up a lot of viewers.

Archived