2018-19 Syndication News

The Frog

5 hours ago, NEOMatrix said:

That's nothing. In Cleveland, WUAB airs FTT at 7am. I think it replaced an infomercial and an airing of Extra but that is a bad place to put it.

At one time, that 7am slot was a continuation of the morning news on WOIO, but on WUAB.  They could have just kept that newscast going, and air FTT in another slot.

Speaking of WUAB, are they going to air "Judge Jerry" next season?  Also, what happened to the Cleveland clearance of "Caught in Providence?"  No one is airing the show.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

Speaking of WUAB, are they going to air "Judge Jerry" next season?  Also, what happened to the Cleveland clearance of "Caught in Providence?"  No one is airing the show.

I don't think "Caught in Providence" will be renewed. The show looks nearly as poorly produced as one of Byron Allen's fake court shows. 

18 hours ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

Are they as crazy as some of the 90's era Springer topics such as "I Married a Horse" or "Daddy, Will You Marry Me?"

Everybody has a kink...

In just a few more years the '90's will be known as "The good old days."

tvmen1950.JPG

On 12/11/2018 at 6:23 PM, Georgie56 said:

Nicki Minaj isn’t happy with Jesse Palmer and DailyMailTV. She’s threatening to sue.

https://awfulannouncing.com/pop-culture/nicki-minaj-threatens-to-sue-jesse-palmer.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Nicki doesn't seem to like anyone who doesn't agree with her and her actions.  She's lost her mind.

On 12/13/2018 at 12:23 PM, CLETVFan said:

Nicki doesn't seem to like anyone who doesn't agree with her and her actions.  She's lost her mind.

She would need to include Phil and Jay McGraw, as they are the producers

Big Syndie News!

From B&C, Extra will be moving away from the NBC O&Os to the Fox O&Os in seven markets (NY, LA, Philly, Dallas, San Francisco, Orlando & Charlotte) next fall. It's already airing on the Fox O&Os in Chicago, Detroit & in DC.

You would have to wonder what show NBC will place post-Nightly.

And regarding Dallas where Fox O&O KDFW air Access Hollywood. Will KXAS finally get that show on their air?

14 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Big Syndie News!

From B&C, Extra will be moving away from the NBC O&Os to the Fox O&Os in seven markets (NY, LA, Philly, Dallas, San Francisco, Orlando & Charlotte) next fall. It's already airing on the Fox O&Os in Chicago, Detroit & in DC.

And regarding Dallas where Fox O&O KDFW air Access Hollywood. Will KXAS finally get that show on their air?

If Fox is able to get back some of the former O&Os through the Nexstar-Tribune merger, that could boost Extra even more.

19 minutes ago, JacobC said:

Lucky WTVJ wasn't part of the announcement, my FOX station in Miami has NO O&O station for Extra. But I wonder if WNBC, KNBC, WCAU and KNTV will fill the slot by adding a 7pm newscast? 

Besides, WSVN has a strong 7:00 p.m. hour in Inside Edition and their entertainment show Deco Drive. That hour has been synonymous with those two programs airing at the same timeslots since Deco Drive launched on the station 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Big Syndie News!

Don't be surprised if "Family Feud" ends up on the NBC O&O's in access. If Steve Harvey's talk show can work on the stations, "Family Feud" can work there as well. (They do make a worthy challenger for "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel" in some markets in access, though.)

Re: "Family Feud": They'd probably have to tone down the nature of some of the questions, though, but then again, that's wishful thinking on my part......

31 minutes ago, J1975am said:

Don't be surprised if "Family Feud" ends up on the NBC O&O's in access. If Steve Harvey's talk show can work on the stations, "Family Feud" can work there as well. (They do make a worthy challenger for "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel" in some markets in access, though.)

Re: "Family Feud": They'd probably have to tone down the nature of some of the questions, though, but then again, that's wishful thinking on my part......

NBC already announced they’re not going to renew Steve Harvey next year, so I doubt they’d add Family Feud. 

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Big Syndie News!

Besides Columbus, do any of the ex-O&Os (WJAR, WNCN and WVTM) still have Extra or Access Hollywood?

4 minutes ago, ColDayNews said:

Besides Columbus, do any of the ex-O&Os (WJAR, WNCN and WVTM) still have Extra or Access Hollywood?

From what I could find on TitanTV, all three still have "Extra", but only WJAR airs it in access (7:30p Eastern). The others air it in the overnight hours.

Neither of the three stations you mention still have Access.....

More from Deadline Hollywood.

A spokesperson for the NBC Owned Television Stations said the group had not yet finalized its fall 2019 evening programming lineup. “We will make an announcement about our new evening programming, soon.”

Also in the article, Fox make an offer to acquire Jeopardy & Wheel, only to be outbid by ABC.

2 hours ago, ColDayNews said:

Wow. I grew up with Extra on WCAU.

But I'm not sad because it'll still have a home next year on WTXF, and on more Fox stations too. I do think it'll make for a perfect companion to TMZ on TV like it was to Access on most of the NBC stations. Plus 25 years on the air [with mostly NBC] is an incredible feat that deserves celebrating.

This news (along with Steve also leaving the group for Kelly Clarkson) got me excited for what's to come in syndication in 2019.

37 minutes ago, B2r4a6n said:

Also, the fact that the deadline article says, "NBC’s Owned Television Stations group had opted not to renew Extra...,"  makes it seem like NBC may already have an idea of what they want post Nightly News. 

Extra has been a longtime staple of the NBC O&Os. Wow.

I bet that NBC wants Access after Nightly News on all O&Os.

5 hours ago, JacobC said:

Lucky WTVJ wasn't part of the announcement, my FOX station in Miami has NO O&O station for Extra. But I wonder if WNBC, KNBC, WCAU and KNTV will fill the slot by adding a 7pm newscast? 

3 hours ago, B2r4a6n said:

I have feeling most if not all stations will add a 7pm newscast. The NBC O&O's have been trending towards more news in recent years and it will be cheaper than buying another syndicated program.

Doubt that. WNBC tried this on their main channel and many of the others tried it on their COZI subchannel and it flopped.

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

More from Deadline Hollywood.

Also in the article, Fox make an offer to acquire Jeopardy & Wheel, only to be outbid by ABC.

I wonder if KTRK is also getting Wheel as part of this deal.

1 hour ago, B2r4a6n said:

Also, the fact that the deadline article says, "NBC’s Owned Television Stations group had opted not to renew Extra...,"  makes it seem like NBC may already have an idea of what they want post Nightly News. 

Same article also mentions they’re not sure what they’re putting there yet. I wonder if Millionaire or Right This Minute might move to the NBC O&Os since something will have to budge on the ABC O&Os with Tamren’s new show.

8 hours ago, J1975am said:

From what I could find on TitanTV, all three still have "Extra", but only WJAR airs it in access (7:30p Eastern). The others air it in the overnight hours.

Neither of the three stations you mention still have Access.....

WCMH still airs Extra, but now at 7:30pm because of their new 7:00pm news.

Roundabout thoughts on recent syndie trades:

* You can't take Nicki Minaj that seriously in the case even if it has some merit when her other situation is not that of a moral ground to stand on. 

https://www.complex.com/music/2018/12/nicki-minaj-responds-to-reports-about-her-new-boyfriend-being-sex-offender

* A stunner in the industry. 25 years for a show under one founding station group in such a changing environment is no small feat. Something's gotta give recognizing as such. "New FOX" is changing the game as we see it, don't @ me.  

* Has anyone have heard any developments with "Steve" talk show? I know NBC stations passed on for Kelly Clarkson's new talk show, but that's different from whether or not it'll return next fall. I could see it being on FOX stations as well. WAGA has the talk show there.   

* I actually like 'caught in providence'. I've heard someone said it looked as poorly filmed as byron allen's court shows. No, the fauxness of byron's court shows make them "poorly produced". This more felt like it could've been seen on TruTV before it went comedy 24/7. That said, I don't know if it'll return next fall but the selling point of a nice judge with fair justice is there. It's like an antithesis to the typical court genre, mainly Queen Judy.  

* Face the truth is basically Dr. Phil's rejects, not good enough drama he can manipulate. Yeah I said it. I'll say it wouldn't return, but the same production company also produces 'The Doctors' + 'Daily Mail TV', so make that what you will. Oh wait...:classic_huh:

Archived