2018-19 Syndication News

The Frog

An hour of paid programming. Wow, I'm sure that'll pick up a lot of viewers.

That's not the full story. On September 24th, WCMH is launching a 4PM newscast (as well as a 7PM). Promos starting running today for it. Former Good Day Chicago anchor Darlene Hill will anchor the 4PM along with Mark Taylor.

There is a crawl running during Ellen saying that it will be moving to 3:00 on the 24th. It would make sense then for their other afternoon syndicated programming to slide up an hour along with Ellen, so possibly starting the week of the 24th Wendy Williams or Steve will be at noon.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Former Good Day Chicago anchor Darlene Hill will anchor the 4PM along with Mark Taylor.

Wait, what?

Well, I'll be damned. She was just on 'Windy City LIVE' in Chicago on Tuesday. I hadn't heard a peep from anyone that she's leaving town.

Wait, what?

Well, I'll be damned. She was just on 'Windy City LIVE' in Chicago on Tuesday. I hadn't heard a peep from anyone that she's leaving town.

I'm not on Twitter, but someone told me she tweeted it last week, and as you found the promos are already airing.

WRLH: Sins & Secrets from 3:30am-4:30am replacing Harry, The Doctors moves to 9am replacing Jerry Springer, Millionaire from 1pm-2pm replacing The Doctors, Face the Truth from 3pm-4pm replacing Jerry Springer.

Millionaire returns to Richmond... AGAIN. WTVR aired the show for the first few seasons at 7:30pm (I think) and then later in the mid-morning with Meredith Vieira. Then it disappeared from the market. Then WRLH aired the show for a while with Meredith. I think it aired at 2pm. Then it disappeared from the market again. Later, WRIC aired the show at 12:30pm after the news when it was hosted by Cedric the Entertainer and then Terry Crews. It aired Chris Harrison's first two seasons of Millionaire until it was replaced by Jeopardy! episodes from a previous season.

Anyway, here's more news from Richmond...

WUPV (CW): Me Time with Frangela will air at 7:30am starting September 10th, moving Couples Court to 6:30 and 7am. Jerry Springer will air at 9am (replacing Paternity Court and Hot Bench, but the two shows will air at 3 and 3:30pm, respectively) and 2pm (replacing Robert Irvine). black-ish will air at 7pm & 7:30pm on September 17th replacing The Game. The Game moves to midnight and 12:30am pushing Page Six TV and TMZ to 1am and 1:30am respectively. Dateline already airing at noon replacing Crime Watch Daily.

WWBT (NBC): Rachael Ray is out at NBC12 and Me Time with Frangela and Daily Blast Live are in. The two shows will air at 2 and 2:30 pm respectively starting on the 10th. As mentioned before, Me Time with Frangela will air at 7:30am on sister station WUPV.

WRIC (ABC): Starting on the 10th, Rachael Ray moves to ABC 8 and the show will air at...1:05am. Right after Nightline. Justice with Judge Mablean moves to 2:05am.

As you mentioned before, no changes for WTVR.

Wow, is her show only in overnights in other markets? I'd expect an overnight delegation for the trash duo or some low rent bullshit court show, but I figured Rachael Ray was still fairly popular.

KTAL/Shreveport and whichever Sinclair station has her in San Antonio have her on during the daytime hours. KTAL has her on at 2pm.

I'm not on Twitter, but someone told me she tweeted it last week, and as you found the promos are already airing.

They’ve attempted 4pm news twice: once under NBC and once under Media General.

The first attempt was anchored by Cabot Rea and Holly Hollingsworth, called NewsChannel 4 First at 4 to hang onto the Days of Our Lives audience. Remember: Sunset Beach ran at 1pm in Columbus until 2000. It was immediately followed by a subrun of Extra and then NewsChannel 4 at 5/5:30/6. It lasted for a week and Judge Mathis ended up in the 4pm slot until 2002.

The second attempt was when Media General began to push more news onto their stations in 2008. This was anchored by Ellie Merritt when she first came to town. It was in the little downtown studio NBC built for 4 that Media General all but abandoned during their 2009-10 cuts.

for those wondering when "caught in providence" will air, it begins September 24th, confirmed thru a FB post:

"We couldn't have done it without you. Because of over a billion total views online world wide, Caught in Providence will make its national television debut on September 24th. From all of us at CIP we thank you for joining us in court every week. In the next 2 weeks we'll take a look at the top 10 most viewed cases on our Youtube channel. Today, enjoy 10-6!"

Most likely here in NY, CiP, airing 2-3p, would air after 'Dateline' at 1p which would push out People's Court RR.

IIRC, I think KTVT carried it for a short time before they moved it to KTXA, then to KXAS.

Didn't it air on WFAA or KDFW for a minute as well? If I remember correctly, when I visited Dallas, it did come on one of those stations. My mind could be just tricking me, though.

I've always found it weird how, as an NBC O&O, KXAS has regularly aired stuff from Disney and CBS. You'd think that Millionaire would have been on WFAA (they've always somehow acted like an O&O to me in a sense but you could always tell they weren't owned by the network) and Rachael on KTVT (as was apparently the case for the first couple of years.).

Then again, The Spirit of Texas has never aired Live in any form, have they? That's always been on 4 for as long as I remember.

Maury moves to WNOL (CW) in New Orleans starting Monday, after 27 years on WDSU (going back to the beginning of Maury Povich's Paramount-distributed show and all throughout his current show with NBCUniversal)!

I kind of had a feeling WNOL would take it, since it's a Tribune station (many stations that air Maury are owned by Tribune).....

Didn't it air on WFAA or KDFW for a minute as well? If I remember correctly, when I visited Dallas, it did come on one of those stations. My mind could be just tricking me, though.

I've always found it weird how, as an NBC O&O, KXAS has regularly aired stuff from Disney and CBS. You'd think that Millionaire would have been on WFAA (they've always somehow acted like an O&O to me in a sense but you could always tell they weren't owned by the network) and Rachael on KTVT (as was apparently the case for the first couple of years.).

Then again, The Spirit of Texas has never aired Live in any form, have they? That's always been on 4 for as long as I remember.

WFAA did have syndie Millionaire from the mid-2000s to the early 2010s. They have never aired any incarnation of Live.

Neither WFAA nor KDFW aired Rachael Ray.

Well, speaking of Millionaire, that show returns to Seattle's KOMO 4 for the first time in over a decade or so, beginning tomorrow at 1:05 a.m. PDT.

Millionaire is being put in graveyard slots and subchannels in some big markets lately. Wonder when the show’s death knell will be.

There's my idea. NBC 4 at Midday goes to a full hour with Daytime Columbus on for a full hour at noon.

I’d like to see them get Access Hollywood back. I’d put Days of Our Lives at noon, Access Hollywood Live at 1pm and Steve Harvey at 2.

Archived