2018-19 Syndication News

The Frog

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Goldbergs on WSFL in Miami is moving from 7pm to 6pm starting September 17th to make room for Black-ish. Two and a Half Men is moving to 10pm and The King of Queens returns to South Florida airwaves from WBFS and will air a midnight.

Austin, DFW, and Tyler/Longview are the only TX markets not listed on the P&B site. I'm sure somehow, that north, east, and central TX will survive without them. Somehow.

If you look at the Pickler & Ben webpage with station listings, and you look at the map, it shows that the show will be on WSAZ at 2:00PM, which means it will be replacing The Doctors”. This listing doesn’t show up in the station list, but it is on the map

Congrats, half the market won't be able to see it including anyone in the District itself save those with Dish Network. Are there any other situations where a station with partial market coverage has full market rights to a show?

A update on this: Poking through TitanTV to see who is picking up what on 9/10, it appears that Face The Truth will actually be on WDCA rather than WDVM. Smart move.

From TitanTV:

• On September 10th, WOIO is apparently bringing its online-only Sunnyside Up feature to television as the 9am newscast. Me Time with Frangela will air at 9:30am.
  • WUAB is getting Face the Truth at, and I'm not joking, 7AM AND 7:30AM.
  • WBNX will air Rachael Ray 10am, followed by The Doctors at 11am.
  • Speaking of WBNX, How I Met Your Mother has moved from WUAB and will air at 4pm and 4:30pm.

From TitanTV:

• On September 10th, WOIO is apparently bringing its online-only Sunnyside Up feature to television as the 9am newscast. Me Time with Frangela will air at 9:30am.
  • Speaking of WBNX, How I Met Your Mother has moved from WUAB and will air at 4pm and 4:30pm.

So its not really a 9am newscast if its not a Cleveland 19 News newscast.

From TitanTV:

I thought I was the only one that looked that up this morning. My guide shows the same.

Steve moves to WUAB as of 9/3.

WKYC moves Wendy to 2pm.

WUAB gains Steve at 4pm.

WEWS gains Millionaire at 3 and moves RTM to 330pm. Paid Programming at 1230pm as of 9/3 again.

20180828_103956.thumb.jpg.a971c147e740308160140ae0fe8ac355.jpg

early Philly report from TitanTV:

• KYW gets a double run of Face the Truth at 9 & 9:30 am, displacing The Doctors (which also recently had its afternoon run dropped in favor of a newscast)
  • WPHL lists TBA at 4pm with the loss of Crime Watch Daily. Another interesting note is Jerry Springer is still listed at 1pm which would air concurrently with the Springer launch on CW daytime on WPSG.
  • WTXF lists TBA at 2pm with the loss of Harry. Since there's no sign of The Doctors on KYW sister station WPSG, this seems like a likely landing spot after the Dr. Oz 1pm run (please tell me there's a station somewhere out there running a "Doc Block" with these shows).

Boston seems pretty straightforward as of 9/10:

• Divorce Court moves to WSBK at 12:00/12:30, replacing Crime Watch Daily.
  • Face the Truth goes to WFXT at 1:00/1:30, replacing the above.
  • Everything else is status quo.

And down 95 in Providence:

• WLNE is replacing Harry at 4:00 PM with Face the Truth
  • WNAC has picked up Rachael Ray from WJAR, airing it in the same 3:00 PM time slot.
  • WJAR is replacing Crime Watch Daily at 2:00 with reruns of ID's Sins & Secrets and is filling the 3:00 hole with a half-hour newscast(!) and an infomercial(!!)

Springfield has one change:

• WGGB.2 is filling it's two hours of Jerry Springer with America's Court with Judge Ross (11:00/11:30) and Face the Truth (12:00/12:30). This in a market with some pretty big syndication holes (Ellen, Steve, Access [Live], Extra).

And as it's a market of interest, Albany:

• WNYT's replacing Harry at 11:00 AM with Access Live, pilfered from WNYA. This is the third time in five years they've used it as a "Hey, we have no other option" show. This is better treatment than actual Access gets, 6:00 AM/1:00 PM on a day delay on WNYA.
  • WNYA is picking up Face the Truth at 3:00/3:30, via a general daytime reshuffle to fill the hole of the above.
  • WCWN has the dreaded "To Be Announced" replacing Crime Watch Daily at 2:00 PM. If a cursory look at other stations that had aired Crime Watch Daily is any indication, it could be Sins & Secrets.
  • WXXA will be picking up Pickler & Ben at 2:00 PM as of 9/17.

Green Bay

• WBAY is leaving Wendy Williams after midnight and bumping over Inside Edition and the first daily episode of Family Feud to the 9am slot to replace Harry. Pawn Stars moves to a full hour at 11am (looks like they couldn't get out of that deal made under MG management). Just for Laughs: Gags also goes to early morning weekdays at 1:37am. They're also keeping the two-hour delay with GMA Day they had for The Chew so their noon show still is at noon (still with the inexplicable infomercial filling the last half-hour).
  • WGBA doubles up DailyBlastLive at 1pm to replace Crime Watch Daily.

Milwaukee

• Already known/repeated elsewhere; WISN is starting an 11am newscast, GMA Day goes to noon, Oz bumps from 11am to 2pm, and Rachael Ray goes to DVR-land at 1:07am.
  • WTMJ gets DailyBlastLive, but due to the Scripps Corporate Obligation Block in the afternoon, it airs at 1:37am (DailyMailTV is showing on some listings, but this seems to be an input error).
  • WDJT has Face the Truth in insomnia-land from 2:07am-3:07am to replace The Doctors. Madam Secretary replaces Scandal in Sunday late night

• WITI uses COPS repeats as spackle for the 1pm/12:05am vacations of Crime Watch Daily; the 1pm/12:05am half-hours get replaced with the best-of Live PD on the 17th, with COPS in the latter half-hour.
  • WVTV keeps the Springer CW repeat replacing Irvine at 1pm rather than the 4pm network mandate (the syndicated repeat remains at 11am). And finally, Anger Management is out of syndication; How I Met Your Mother bumps over from WMLW, airing midnight-1am. Caught in Providence is listed on their affiliate website as airing here, but listings aren't showing it as such. Street Magic is Sunday night filler.
  • WVTV-DT2 "My 24" (the former WCGV) switches out Harry's dead weight for that of The Doctors from 3pm-4pm, and True Crime Files repeats from Investigation Discovery fill the 2am-3am slot in place of Dish Nation (still on WVTV) and Judge Karen.
  • WMLW rescues The Real from WTMJ's late night, carrying it 11am-noon, likely live as WBTV wants it. It gets a Face the Truth lead-in from 10am-11am. Pawn Stars moves to 1am-2am, while Judge Faith goes to one 3:30am air from its previous 11:00am-noon.

ETA's for Milwaukee and Green Bay will be added as found.

Tulsa on 9/10 (Updated)

KOKI has picked up 'Face the Truth' for an hour at 1pm, moving 'Dateline' to 11am, replacing CWD. 'Top 30' is finally coming to the market at the super convenient time of 3:30am, after 'Dish Nation' replacing a 'Page Six TV' repeat.

With the CW (and KQCW) picking up Springer, KMYT is dropping Jerry in favor of an extra Wilkos at 4pm. Meaning 1p-5p will be double-runs of Maury and Wilkos.

KQCW has 'Sins & Secrets' at 1pm, replacing an hour of 'Paternity Court'. Alongside the 3pm CW run, Springer gets a 2am repeat, replacing a block of Pawn Stars (which moves to 4:30am) and Judge Faith.

KTUL replaces 'Harry' at 1:35am with an infomercial followed by 'Funny You Should Ask', also new the market at 2:05am leading into WNN.

early Philly report from TitanTV:

• KYW gets a double run of Face the Truth at 9 & 9:30 am, displacing The Doctors (which also recently had its afternoon run dropped in favor of a newscast)
  • WPHL lists TBA at 4pm with the loss of Crime Watch Daily. Another interesting note is Jerry Springer is still listed at 1pm which would air concurrently with the Springer launch on CW daytime on WPSG.
  • WTXF lists TBA at 2pm with the loss of Harry. Since there's no sign of The Doctors on KYW sister station WPSG, this seems like a likely landing spot after the Dr. Oz 1pm run (please tell me there's a station somewhere out there running a "Doc Block" with these shows).

Don't be shocked if Divorce Court fills that spot at 2PM on WTXF.

Hot Bench is moving from WBFS 33 to sister station WFOR 4 in Miami at 9am beginning September 10th. No word if The Doctors will join 33?

I'm shocked that this didn't happen years ago. IIRC, The Doctors got booted off of most CBS O&O's for secondary stations back a good five years ago when Queen Latifah premiered and Hot Bench filled that spot once she was canceled.

On a totally different tangent, it appears that TEGNA is syndicating Daily Blast Live to stations outside that group. A look at the markets of New England shows that both WMUR and WPTZ will be airing it at 12:30 PM (probably on a delay) starting 9/10.

Detroit:

• Jerry Springer will begin airing on WKBD at 8 AM in addition to the CW-wide repeats at 3 PM. Strangely enough, WMYD will still air the same show in it's normal timeslots there.

• The Dr. Oz Show will move to WWJ at 9 AM as a CBS This Morning leadout.
  • Steve will move to WJBK at 2 PM.

And that's just only including the pre-midnight timeslots for now. EDIT: TitanTV now has the post-midnight timeslots, nothing new there in Detroit however.

At the moment Titantv 9-10 Face the Truth replaces Doctors with back to back expisodes 10am and 10:30am,then TBA,Noon another expisode of People's Court that's already on at 4pm and 10:30pm to 11:30pm TBA KSMOTV so Doctors moving to different time or channels. Wendy Williams moves to 1pm and WWTBAM at 2pm.

http://www.dailyblastlive.com/listings/index.html KMCI 4:30pm replacing The List.

Nothing else about KC area yet but hopefully less of Springer and Wilkos.

I just checked last night if TitanTV or any other online listing would know what KDFW would do when the expanded Good Day starts on September 4. Local media reported that Live! would shift to 10am, but nothing else was said. According to TitanTV, KDFW is shifting Wendy to 11am and The Real at 1pm. Looks like Dr. Oz is staying and will shift to Harry's slot at 2pm.

Interesting changes in Charlotte as WBTV is cutting “Morning Break” in half to make room for “Me Time With Frangelena” at 9:30. And WMYT is shifting the MyNet programming to 11pm to 1am. Double runs of Modern Family and Big Bang Theory (acquired from WCCB) will run from 8-10pm which makes sense to me. Will probably do better in the ratings. WJZY will also have an airing at 11pm which will bump TMZ, Page Six and Top 30 back a half hour. Now Big Bang Theory is still listed from 7-8pm on WCCB, will it really run on three stations for a week?

Face the Truth will air on WSOC, double run from 3-4. The fourth run of Family Feud that has been on WSOC will move over to WAXN, they will have another hour of Feud beginning at 9pm. An hour of Funny You Should Ask will air in between the two double runs of Feud.

WCCB will have three runs of Jerry Springer and a double run of Blackish will replace Big Bang Theory from 7-8.

Access moves from WBTV to WJZY which will air it at 1 and 7:30pm. Page Six and Top 30 replace Harry at 3 at least for one week.

WAXN picks up Sins and Secrets at 1 and will have two runs of Right this Minute at 9am. (WSOC keeps theirs at 12:30). Dr. Phil moves to 10am and the hour of Millionaire moves to noon.

Nothing much to report here in the SusquValley ...

Rachel Ray returns back to WGAL for 11AM ...

WHTM is going to air FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK at 12:30 PM ... and they also are EXPANDING Good Day PA and that moves to 10AM for a full hour. All starting Sept. 10th.

— Matt

I will post this later on my blog but in Myrtle Beach/Florence, Inside Edition is leaving WBTW at 5:30 p.m. to join WMBF at the same timeslot. At the same time, WBTW will finally join the 5:30 p.m. landscape while WMBF moves its 5:30 down two hours later to 7:30 p.m., all starting September 10th.

Archived