2018-19 Syndication News

The Frog

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KQCW is picking up black-ish on 9/17. A full hour weeknights at 10p (replacing 2 Broke Girls) and an hour Saturdays at Midnight (replacing infomercials and ET Weekend)

The Drs is moving to CW(+)? Will it be first run episodes, or will it be reruns, like they do for their airings Jerry & Maury?

Going by their 'watch us' page they air at 3pm ET on those stations...unless it's been years since they updated their 'watch us' page.

Going by their 'watch us' page they air at 3pm ET on those stations...unless it's been years since they updated their 'watch us' page.

I'm still not sure yet. 3pm is where Robert Irvine airs, which will most likely be replaced by Springer. If the Drs do get picked up by The CW (+), they will replace one of the Springer reruns they already air.

BTW, in my neck of the woods, The Doctors currently air at 3pm in Tallahassee on Fox 49, and at 2pm in Panama City on WJHG. We'll see on September 10th if both channels will still have them or if they will be gone after CW picks them up (if they are). Or they could remain on both stations. Maury has been airing reruns on CW since last year, with first run shows airing on WTWC and WPGX.

KOCO airs Harry at 11am so I imagine that's probably where Face The Truth will end up on (even though I've seen promos of Face The Truth when I've watched The Doctors on KFOR)

Or KOCO could start an 11am newscast, with FTT going to KFOR, and the Drs moving to either late night or KAUT.

Or KOCO could start an 11am newscast, with FTT going to KFOR, and the Drs moving to either late night or KAUT.

If KOCO did do an 11am newscast it'll move the 9am newscast to that slot (which all that it'll do is allow the Real to move out of the Midnight slot to the 9am slot).

Other than that where would Rachael Ray wound up? Either Racheal Ray would be gone or KFOR just tape delays the 10am Today Show to an overnight slot (which they already do that anyway)

KQCW is picking up black-ish on 9/17. A full hour weeknights at 10p (replacing 2 Broke Girls) and an hour Saturdays at Midnight (replacing infomercials and ET Weekend)

Black-ish is going to WCCB in Charlotte, at 7 and 7:30. (Looked on the website). Big Bang Theory, which currently occupies that hour, is moving to WMYT (saw a promo).

If KOCO did do an 11am newscast it'll move the 9am newscast to that slot (which all that it'll do is allow the Real to move out of the Midnight slot to the 9am slot).

Other than that where would Rachael Ray wound up? Either Racheal Ray would be gone or KFOR just tape delays the 10am Today Show to an overnight slot (which they already do that anyway)

I guess I probably should've researched the schedules before posting that. ;) FYI, do any of the OKC stations do an 11am news?

I guess I probably should've researched the schedules before posting that. ;) FYI, do any of the OKC stations do an 11am news?

KOKH does an 11am newscast, that was bumped out of the 9am slot (which KOCO filled that in a year and a half ago) that's the only wish I have is that someone would compete for news at 9am rather than adding/subtracting it from the schedule

• 2 weeks later...
Black-ish is going to WCCB in Charlotte, at 7 and 7:30. (Looked on the website). Big Bang Theory, which currently occupies that hour, is moving to WMYT (saw a promo).

I just saw that the full-time CW network (another name I've made up for CW+) will be airing Black-ish at 5pm Eastern beginning September 18, which means its will be only be available to Fox/MNTV affiliates in the top 100 markets.

One other thing that probably clinched another season for the Drs, they still have prime real estate (3pm or 4pm time slots) in most markets. I'm sure theres at least one station thats buried the show in late night, can someone name one?

Or perhaps the real reason it's not getting cancelled this year is that most of the stations carrying it are under multi-year contracts, which didn't expire at the end of the season.

WKYC airs The Drs. at 2:05AM instead of the Hoda/Kathie Lee rerun NBC normally feeds lol.

That show has to be contractually tied to Phil McGraw’s show, and he wants it to continue on for as long as possible. There’s no other reason I can think of.

I expected Face The Truth to replace Harry on WCTV, but instead, it will be Pickler & Ben. In Panama City, it will air on WPGX, replacing Crime Watch Daily. I can't tell where FTT is going in Tallahassee and Panama City as they don't have a website yet, but I'll take a guess and say it will replace Harry on WJHG and Crime Watch Daily on Fox 49 in Tallahassee.

I still can't believe The Doctors are staying on the air despite low ratings because its a "legacy show". In my opinion, I consider Dr. Oz more of a legacy show. But like I've said to oblivion many times on this and other threads, it gets to stay on because it's cheaper than starting a new show that will most likely fail.

I expected Face The Truth to replace Harry on WCTV, but instead, it will be Pickler & Ben. In Panama City, it will air on WPGX, replacing Crime Watch Daily. I can't tell where FTT is going in Tallahassee and Panama City as they don't have a website yet, but I'll take a guess and say it will replace Harry on WJHG and Crime Watch Daily on Fox 49 in Tallahassee.

I still can't believe The Doctors are staying on the air despite low ratings because its a "legacy show". In my opinion, I consider Dr. Oz more of a legacy show. But like I've said to oblivion many times on this and other threads, it gets to stay on because it's cheaper than starting a new show that will most likely fail.

Facethetruthtv.com

That's the website.

The Doctors are to the McGraws what Hot Bench is to Judge Judy. Both should be safe as long as Dr. Phil and Judge Judy shows are on the air, or at least until a replacement is ready.

Heres the list of stations carrying/will be carrying Pickler & Ben.

https://www.picklerandben.com/watch/

Some of the big markets that won't be getting the show include Mobile, Montgomery, Orlando, Portland (OR), Champaign, Peoria, Evansville, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Paducah, Rochester (NY & MN), Greensboro, Memphis, and Charleston (WV). How many stations will be replacing Harry with this?

The Doctors are to the McGraws what Hot Bench is to Judge Judy. Both should be safe as long as Dr. Phil and Judge Judy shows are on the air, or at least until a replacement is ready.

I checked the tickets page on The Doctors website and they said they were on hiatus as of August 3, and they had no return date set, just a plug for Face The Truth. This could mean that next season will only be reruns/best of shows, as way of eventually phasing out the program, like the CW is doing for Jerry. That could be what NBCUniversal will also be doing for Maury & Steve Wilkos for the 2019-2020 season.

Oh, and has The CW released their full-time fall schedule yet? I'd like to see if The Doctors will be on it. I know Black-ish will be on.

Does Raycom have another new half-hour show coming this fall besides Me Time with Frangela? WMC will be showing that at 2:30PM, dropping Ellen, who will be moving to WATN (which is where Dr. Phil airs now; that might be moving to 4PM, replacing Harry... or vice versa, as both the Ellen and Dr. Phil sites list 3PM as their airtime on WATN). I'm curious what WMC might put at 2PM for 30 minutes. (Unless RTM is moved there from 3PM, and WMC's 3:30 newscast is expanded to a full hour...)

Heres the list of stations carrying/will be carrying Pickler & Ben.

https://www.picklerandben.com/watch/

Some of the big markets that won't be getting the show include Mobile, Montgomery, Orlando, Portland (OR), Champaign, Peoria, Evansville, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Paducah, Rochester (NY & MN), Greensboro, Memphis, and Charleston (WV). How many stations will be replacing Harry with this?

Austin, DFW, and Tyler/Longview are the only TX markets not listed on the P&B site. I'm sure somehow, that north, east, and central TX will survive without them. Somehow.

Archived