2018-19 Syndication News

The Frog

All 3 shows will keep going for at least 3 more years. They attract a consistant and loyal audience.

(Citation Needed).

Seriously, they have enough episodes in the can that they could just air reruns and be fine as a means to phase them out.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That link suggested that viewers really wanted Jane Lynch's show, which is not moving forward. That should've gone through instead of the other two. Maybe she and Warner Bros. can try again for 2019.

Nothing too big out of DC or Richmond yet, but WDVM is getting the new Vivica A. Fox show.

Congrats, half the market won't be able to see it including anyone in the District itself save those with Dish Network. Are there any other situations where a station with partial market coverage has full market rights to a show?

I say this every year really wish WBAL got the fourth (or maybe it’s considered the third now) hour of Today at any hour. Maybe they could finally launch a 4PM newscast.

I say this every year really wish WBAL got the fourth (or maybe it’s considered the third now) hour of Today at any hour. Maybe they could finally launch a 4PM newscast.

Or at least they could program it on their me TV

Congrats, half the market won't be able to see it including anyone in the District itself save those with Dish Network. Are there any other situations where a station with partial market coverage has full market rights to a show?

Verizon FIOS and Xfinity have added it as well, so it has a lot more reach than it did in the WHAG days.

Verizon FIOS and Xfinity have added it as well, so it has a lot more reach than it did in the WHAG days.

They're still missing Xfinity in the District and fair chunks of Maryland (PG, Charles, Calvert counties) and Virginia (Loudoun, Fauquier, Stafford, Spottsylvania, King George, and other southern fringe counties). Not to mention Cox in Fairfax County/Fredericksburg City, RCN, Metrocast in St. Charles County, MD, Shentel in the towns near the DC/Harrisonburg DMA line, and some others I'm missing. The omission of Loudoun and Fauquier is a bit mystifying as their signal reaches much of Loudoun and parts of Fauquier just fine.

• 1 month later...

Jerry Springer is replacing Robert Irvine's show on the CW this fall according to Broadcasting and Cable. His show has stopped production, so it will be best ofs. Maury and Steve Willow have both been renewed for two more seasons in syndication.

Oyyy, that's even worse than I thought would happen (worst I thought was Tribune launching another Byron Allen 'read-a-script' court show). I understand NBCU's reasons for taking out the show (you can literally keep it on the air in reruns for eons for good money), but what of those few CW stations who refuse to carry the Trash Triad? Can they opt out of this? And is Tribune/Sinclair getting some kind of benefit for just throwing their hands up and giving NBCU the timeslot?

No matter what the article says, it seems like the show is done and Springer is headed to retirement (or the appearance circuit).

But if one watches Springer and this is the route going forward, does it make a difference though? It'll just air one time on CW daytime. I can't wait to see certain Trib/Sin stations sked look like this coming fall (WPIX, KTLA, WGN) with reduction of Jerry, Crime Watch Daily exiting this season + if they're not planning to expand news offerings any time soon.

The CW is on some MyNetwork stuff with these Jerry reruns. NBC would have been better off programming that Fantasia Barrino talk show in that timeslot. Guess she wasn't trashy enough for them.

As it is the CW barely promoted Irvine's existence; they just plugged the program onto their server with a non-standard CW bug and made sure it met their standards and practices (with these reruns they won't even have to do that step). To most viewers, it'll just seem like Springer moved to 3pm and they probably won't even notice the CW bug doesn't have the station's branding. It's not an optimum solution at all, but they know the affiliates will do the legwork with the promos or NBCU will just plug them in with the other NBCU shows.

Jerry Springer is replacing Robert Irvine's show on the CW this fall according to Broadcasting and Cable. His show has stopped production, so it will be best ofs. Maury and Steve Willow have both been renewed for two more seasons in syndication.

Like I said earlier, NBC is keeping them on air indefinitely because of their loyal audience, and it's cheaper than paying for a new show.

It's actually "Wilkos," not "Willow."

I wonder why the stoppage of production on Springer. Is it due to ratings, or is it due to monetary issues (which was the cause of Judge Joe Brown's cancellation in 2013, despite respectable ratings)? Or are there other issues that we don't know about? I know Springer has said that he wanted to keep doing the show as long as he was able to. Maybe I'm wrong....

Like I said earlier, NBC is keeping them on air indefinitely because of their loyal audience, and it's cheaper than paying for a new show.

More like NBC doing a public service by not releasing all of the carny's and circus freaks that would suddenly be unemployed and roaming the streets.

The tweakers, crusties and junkies don't need the added competition.

More like NBC doing a public service by not releasing all of the carny's and circus freaks that would suddenly be unemployed and roaming the streets.

The tweakers, crusties and junkies don't need the added competition.

They're probably saving them to star in Ringmaster 2. :)

FYI, the national CW feed (aka CW Plus), has been carrying Jerry for about 2 or 3 years now, but those are mostly reruns of shows from a few years back.

Goodbye Springer! After 27 years, its been canceled.

https://screenrant.com/jerry-springer-show-reportedly-canceled/

On behalf of all the sideshow freaks out there...

Thank You Jerry !

We tossed a lot of little people into pudding...and showed us there are many genders...and some real questionable people who will say anything for a free trip to the midwest and a towncar ride with Andre Cold Duck and free McDonalds.

How many shows can boast the need for 10 "greenrooms".

RIP Jerry...

Toss a foldingl chair my way.

Archived