Legendary Sportscaster Dick Enberg passed away at 82

oklahomanewsman

We do have some sad news to report on this morning that Dick Enberg has passed away, Thursday evening, he was 82 years old.

Enberg, best known for his signature "Oh My!" calls, has called 10 Super Bowls, 28 Wimbledons and 8 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championships (including the Houston-UCLA "Game of the Century" in 1968 and Magic Johnson-Larry Bird showdown in 1979).

His most recent work has been doing the play by play for the San Diego Padres for 7 seasons an it was celebrated in a host of honors, including the National Baseball Hall of Fame's Ford C. Frick Award (2015), the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Rozelle Award (1999) and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame's Gowdy Award (1995). He won 13 Sports Emmy Awards and a Lifetime Achievement Emmy. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and UCLA named its Media Center in Pauley Pavilion after Enberg this year.

Enberg once said that "Baseball, has been in my DNA from the time I was in diapers."

He will be deeply missed by sports fans all across the country, may he rest in peace

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/21842570/dick-enberg-beloved-broadcaster-dies-age-82

We do have some sad news to report on this morning that Dick Enberg has passed away, Thursday evening, he was 82 years old.

Enberg, best known for his signature "Oh My!" calls, has called 10 Super Bowls, 28 Wimbledons and 8 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championships (including the Houston-UCLA "Game of the Century" in 1968 and Magic Johnson-Larry Bird showdown in 1979).

His most recent work has been doing the play by play for the San Diego Padres for 7 seasons an it was celebrated in a host of honors, including the National Baseball Hall of Fame's Ford C. Frick Award (2015), the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Rozelle Award (1999) and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame's Gowdy Award (1995). He won 13 Sports Emmy Awards and a Lifetime Achievement Emmy. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and UCLA named its Media Center in Pauley Pavilion after Enberg this year.

Enberg once said that "Baseball, has been in my DNA from the time I was in diapers."

He will be deeply missed by sports fans all across the country, may he rest in peace

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/21842570/dick-enberg-beloved-broadcaster-dies-age-82

Remember him primarily (and I think most of us would be most familiar with him) from his years calling the NFL on NBC. Truly will be missed, and definitely keeping Dick's family in my thoughts and prayers (especially with this coming just days before Christmas)

Archived