WXIN on temp set?

IndyNewsOpens

Today when I was watching their morning news, it looked like they had moved the desk in the studio out to the newsroom, as well as the weather set looking like just a flatscreen with a computer - no green screen. I'll see if I can get pictures later.

Anyone think WXIN is building a new set ahead of the Tribune-Sinclair merger (or if WXIN is one of the rumored stations Fox is buying)?

any new set project would have started long before the merger was announced... this weird idea that the trib stations are rushing to do things "before the merger" is very not likely... it would have been budgeted for a year or more out...

business as usual

any new set project would have started long before the merger was announced... this weird idea that the trib stations are rushing to do things "before the merger" is very not likely... it would have been budgeted for a year or more out...

business as usual

Ok, but let's be clear. KDVR pushed these graphics out before the merger for that very reason.

It does appear they are getting a new set. Still on a temporary location. It looks like the weather area is in the small news conference room. The anchor location looks to be where the old newsroom camera was. It’s right behind the opening of the set then to camera right. The building has three “studios.” Studio A is the FOX set, which is open to the newsroom. Studio B is the CBS studio. It’s small and they literally use every square inch. Studio C is where Hoosier Lottery is Produced. This was a conference room until the CBS affiliation switch happened.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Pretty underwhelming. That desk is weird. Is it that weird cursive V shaped desk, but they closed it off? If so, odd to have a desk with a hole in the middle of it.

It looks more like a set from the early/mid 00s that's been modded to add some 10s technology to it.

Not sure why they would want to go with a design company that's only ever fabricated one other news studio. Who was the first? Browsing through their Facebook they clearly do good work. News sets just clearly aren't their forte.

I suppose I misattributed the "design" as it appears to have been designed by a guy at KTLA and then Mecca fabricated it, I guess? I was EXTREMELY hopeful they would get a set like KSWB just did, but I guess not.

Archived