Pathetic fire coverage from ALL Los Angeles tv stations overnight

CalItalian2

It seems like tonight will be the worst night in terms of wind. I am curious to see if stations stay on throughout the night or start even earlier tomorrow morning...KNBC and KTLA start at 4am on a regular basis. 3am anyone?

It seems like tonight will be the worst night in terms of wind. I am curious to see if stations stay on throughout the night or start even earlier tomorrow morning...KNBC and KTLA start at 4am on a regular basis. 3am anyone?

Or all-night coverage past 11:35 pm. That's possible too.

Hardly doubt anyone will do a 3 am broadcast. However, they’ll be on throughout the night as stated on multiple news stations here in LA.

Now that the Thomas Fire is starting to move a little more north and west, KEYT and KSBY are stepping up coverage. So far, both of them have sent multiple reporters and have been running chopper footage from the LA stations whenever it's available.

The winds are supposed to really kick up overnight or around sunrise. I don't think you'll see anyone on prior to 4 am. KTTV went back to regular programming at 11 PM unlike Tuesday night.

I am kind of indifferent as to whether they should continue into the overnight hours? Should they continue on serving the public or give their crews a rest period? Is there any evidence (ratings) that during a long term emergency that broadcasting through the night serves the public interest?

I half expected that they’d continue as the fires sounded like they were heading near Beverly Hills and Bel Air they’d continue coverage. You know to keep the high priced TV executives, agents, stars, maybe some talent and other prominent people feel they are more they’re important?

That was one of my pet peeves in coverage on some social media and on air. When surveying damage reporters and photogs make comments thanking god and that it’s amazing that these million dollar homes (whose families likely have it insured to the max and can likely make due if anything happens) are saved but not necessarily the regular priced homes (who have adequate coverage but struggle to get back) or those in not the nicest areas. How is either home different - it’s where a family lives? I’m know other reporters have said similar things (thanking god) whereever they are. Both are tragedies but why does one require an adjective making it sound better. But the point I am trying to make is whether a home that’s 1200 sq ft worth less than a 10,000+ sq ft one?

Edit. Sorry this was an ambien post. My point is what makes a million dollar home more important to its owners than a $100k home to its owners?

Archived