KABB-TV's NEW SET

trey

Here is KABB'S new set. Premiered about a month ago. Built and designed in house...took them almost three weeks to put it all together.

TEMP SET

tempset.JPG tempset2.JPG

NEW SET

1.JPG 2.JPG

3.JPG 4.JPG

5.JPG 6.JPG

7.JPG 8.JPG

9.JPG 10.JPG

11.JPG 12.JPG

13.JPG 14.JPG

15.JPG 16.JPG

All in all...not too bad. They should have continued the wood flooring to the concrete floor or at least painted it black.

It is still a BIG improvement over their old set, which I found two pictures of on Adam's MySpace...

1295573197_l.jpg

1322229896_l.jpg

I don't think its that bad..for a Sinclair station that is. From what i've been told...the budget was next to nothing so they had to do everything themselves. This set looks MUCH better on air than their previous set did.

As for the desk...they have not had a desk for about two years or so. In their last set, they simply took out the desk. Everything else remained as is. The anchors stood on the concrete floor in front of the set, so you could see the big empty space where the desk use to be in pretty much every shot. Looked really odd. The set was also much smaller, so the anchors had to stand one in front of the other. Plus, they didn't have very many backdrops, so presentation was very limited.

At least this new set is designed to work without a desk. It doesn't look as wierd not having one.

I would like to see them add a desk through..at least for the morning show. I'm not a big fan of that bistro table thing that looks like it came from the KABB breakroom.

Here is KABB'S new set. Premiered about a month ago. Built and designed in house...took them almost three weeks to put it all together.

NEW SET

1.JPG 2.JPG

Not bad for in-house. My only beef is the city-background duratran. The framing looks like it was designed for use with a desk, as high up as it is. Doesn't look right with the shot they use in the above pic. If it were about double the width, it would appear better on-air.

Quite frankly I'm disappointed in KABB...they could have done better in my opinion. Like gotten a news desk. However I do Like the Morning Set, and does anyone know if KABB's Weather Set is under construction? As I've noticed the meteorologist are always somewhere away from the studio...sometimes they are in the studio but only for a day.

Archived