TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KGW had been promoting the "upgrade" last week.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/kgw-gets-a-bolder-brighter-new-look/498097082

Not much of an upgrade, but still, let's see how that works out in the upcoming months. KGW's logo should still be bigger though.

KING 5 has the new graphics now

Looks like the TEGNA Northwest NBC affils are getting it rolled out now.
What about the flagships? Are they going to be next, or at least WXIA and KUSA? If neither, what station is next for the graphics?

Not much of an upgrade, but still, let's see how that works out in the upcoming months. KGW's logo should still be bigger though.

What about the flagships? Are they going to be next, or at least WXIA and KUSA? If neither, what station is next for the graphics?

I'm shocked that KUSA is not using tonight's Broncos game to debut the new graphics.

Just saw it on KING. That intro is terrible (and in this case, very botched and buggy too). The music was horrible too (somehow CityNews's lack of music is an improvement).

Speaking of CityNews, that's the vibe I get, but even they don't look like they're trying this hard to be hip. The transitions look cool and slick, but the tone of everything is screaming "Hey, millennials! Do you like BuzzFeed and NowThis?"

Probably still working out the kinks on their own end, which is ironic considering the graphics hub is located there.

KUSA isn't often the first station to get the newest graphics. When the hub first launched with the flying orb look, KUSA was one of the very last stations to switch. They got the 2013 look sooner than most stations, but they weren't the first that time around either. The only times I think KUSA has gotten new things first have been when minor tweaks launched (updated lower thirds to both of the aforementioned looks, updated 10pm open and fullscreens for the now-outgoing look).

The graphics are actually growing on me. I'm starting to like them, and KING's new music is AWESOME! It's so fresh! The only complaint I have is they use the same cut for their morning show, breaking news, and 5pm (4pm was breaking news open). Their 5pm open had vocals in it (for real)! Perfect for their morning show, but 5pm? Really?

The graphics are actually growing on me. I'm starting to like them, and KING's new music is AWESOME! It's so fresh! The only complaint I have is they use the same cut for their morning show, breaking news, and 5pm (4pm was breaking news open). Their 5pm open had vocals in it (for real)! Perfect for their morning show, but 5pm? Really?

I like the new graphics myself! That's why I hope that Tegna can get KFOR in the Sinclair/Tribune divestiture, if there's one.

KGW had been promoting the "upgrade" last week.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/kgw-gets-a-bolder-brighter-new-look/498097082

It’s odd to me for a station to promote new graphics. Maybe if they’re getting a set or something.

They also did it with the previous G3 package:

KING did it too:

Here is a compilation from KGW. They didn't change music, and after a day or two they enlarged the logo in the bug. But the NBC logo outline is still so thin, it hardly shows up.

As for the graphics, I generally like it. Obviously quite different. Some of the branded intros seem a bit fast. The main thing I don't like are the patterned lines that appear in everything. Makes it looks too busy.

I also think the WX graphics are half-baked. (Check out 6:17 in the video). The concept is interesting but there is too much text. People need to be able to easily glance at the TV to understand what's on the screen since it won't be there forever, whereas on a phone, a person can control how long they see something.

Here is a compilation from KGW. They didn't change music, and after a day or two they enlarged the logo in the bug. But the NBC logo outline is still so thin, it hardly shows up.

As for the graphics, I generally like it. Obviously quite different. Some of the branded intros seem a bit fast. The main thing I don't like are the patterned lines that appear in everything. Makes it looks too busy.

I also think the WX graphics are half-baked. (Check out 6:17 in the video). The concept is interesting but there is too much text. People need to be able to easily glance at the TV to understand what's on the screen since it won't be there forever, whereas on a phone, a person can control how long they see something.

As I see more and more I think it’s a neat package.

I like how the peacock animates and agree that it definitely needs to be thicker.

Are some of the transitional elements with the logo or scenic backgrounds live?

The weather graphics are interesting. I find the text definitely needs to be bolder or large. I’d like to see if they modified the actual radar and other weather graphics.

They also need to update the Nightly News logo that appears the monitor wall.

The lower thirds need to be correctly animated. That white background when they are on weather graphics needs to go. I don’t know what’s with the lower thirds but this impressive package shouldn’t have a PowerPoint style animation in it at all. However, the package might not actually be done. It is for NBC Networks as we’ve known, so this might’ve been rushed.

The lower thirds need to be correctly animated. That white background when they are on weather graphics needs to go. I don’t know what’s with the lower thirds but this impressive package shouldn’t have a PowerPoint style animation in it at all. However, the package might not actually be done. It is for NBC Networks as we’ve known, so this might’ve been rushed.

Pretty sure a version 2 will be rolled out before the CBS, ABC and Fox affiliates get this package.

I get launching the graphics when they aren't complete on one station (WBIR) to test them out. But, why are other stations picking them up if they're not done, and only one station (KING) has launched the new music? Makes no sense to me.

Archived