TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

7 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Tenga's C Clarity is HORRIBLE compared to the other Station Groups, Scripps mostly uses Inergy and it is Amazing, Sinclair's music Package (CURVES and GLASS) is OK but better, Hearst's Strive is ok too, The O&Os are still the gold standard, TENGA Please get a real music package. 

Nah. Hearst music is straight up garbage. Doesn't resemble a news theme. It resembles an entertainment news theme tho. Sinclair is also garbage. Scripps theme is ok along with COX's news theme (usually used on WFTV and WSB)

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, skbl17 said:

I think of C Clarity the same way I think of Strive: I like certain cuts but not the whole package. Any cuts where the dumb vocals are nonexistent or heavily downplayed are usually among my favorites: WUSA's weekend 11pm open (they've probably switched to all cold opens since,) KENS's morning open, KIII in general...

I don't like any of the vocal cuts in C clarity. I'm curious how stations implemented the new music. Do they just take Tegna's suggested way of using it? (Because Tegna did send out a branding guide). Are there no local managers that guide implementation and "localize" it? Seems like it as that is how we have most Tegna stations sounding the same, with only a few outliers using the package in different ways. In additional to your example, KGW doesn't use any vocal cuts at all and uses a variety of the other themes for various uses.

C Clarity to me is just a catchy theme, but not a great theme. I think it has good cuts that work, but as a whole, I'd give it maybe a 3.5 or 4 out of 5. Compared to the other media giants, I'd much prefer Sinclair's Glass and Curves in all honesty and maybe behind that, Hearst's Strive or Inergy

43 minutes ago, PTVNews said:

I don't like any of the vocal cuts in C clarity. I'm curious how stations implemented the new music. Do they just take Tegna's suggested way of using it? (Because Tegna did send out a branding guide). Are there no local managers that guide implementation and "localize" it? Seems like it as that is how we have most Tegna stations sounding the same, with only a few outliers using the package in different ways. In additional to your example, KGW doesn't use any vocal cuts at all and uses a variety of the other themes for various uses.

What was in this branding guide? Why would Tegna tell stations what cuts to use? Does somebody know how many cuts and themes are in the package? I've always wondered because I've heard a variety of themes but stations always use the same cuts.

3 hours ago, jbnews said:

What was in this branding guide? Why would Tegna tell stations what cuts to use? Does somebody know how many cuts and themes are in the package? I've always wondered because I've heard a variety of themes but stations always use the same cuts.

Video clips showing graphics use examples (dos and don'ts) as well as various music themes/cuts and the different ways and reasons to use them. 

I don't know officially how many themes there are, but I'd guess 5-9 separate themes, and then multiple alternate mixes of those themes and then all those in different lengths. For example, I know there are at least 3 different wx mixes, but I'd call that 1 theme.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:55 PM, KevCor said:

Some of ya'll are like Scott Jones and literally overreact to inconsequential stuff. Case in point:

I'm not as dramatic as Scott Jones is. However, I used to Love WVEC when it was a Belo station(I'm from Norfolk VA), As soon as they got Tengafied it was horrible and most their quality went down with it. I lived in Norfolk for 20 years and moved to Pittsburgh in 2011, I still check WTKR,WAVY,and WVEC regularly though. It looks like WTKR is leading the way in that market and will continue if Scripps does that station Justice. This is one example that Tenga is treating its stations and declining their performance.  I'm so glad their isn't a Tenga station in Pittsburgh.

Archived