TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

Fits WTSP with the “social media” style. Speaking of them, I bet they’re next with that look...

First, they need to be made partially tolerable again.

Also, they’re keeping the music. But the look is cleaner, simpler... I see no problem. And solid pictures instead of video for teases... me thinks Canada may have played a part. 8DDD836B-56B9-4CD3-8AAD-2FF50411FEBB.thumb.jpeg.e9285bd47dced99fc5c388166a29385a.jpeg

D05D7312-F457-4AF2-9348-A7906E0DCF7B.thumb.jpeg.b9004c6593132f3732149b561f24f63a.jpeg

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First, they need to be made partially tolerable again.

Also, they’re keeping the music. But the look is cleaner, simpler... I see no problem. And solid pictures instead of video for teases... me thinks Canada may have played a part.

This is Home is only temporary. The new new music is being finished up.

I can't help but feel like this is something that would be on VideoHive.net. So bland and underwhelming. All text lines on L3s look like they are on the 2nd line. Gone are the Lineups (rundowns) which I thought was useful and her is a ton of purple... Like, why purple. The animations between the bug logo and website are nonexistant. I know what they were going for, but this is a pathetic attempt.

Fits WTSP with the “social media” style. Speaking of them, I bet they’re next with that look...

I've heard the first stations to "officially" launch the package will be NBC stations, timed with the Super Bowl or Olympics.

Based on the NewscastStudio montage and the image above, the bug changes colors. Unlike the last package, it doesn't seem to mean anything in relation to the story. While we knew the USA Today color coding would be gone, I don't know the rhyme or reason of this. Also, while the earlier 7-day image has the same day draped in the purple, a check on their website showed today in orange. The orange could be a morning thing, but it's hard to tell.

Hmmmm. Ummmm. I don't know. For Troika this seems a little below par. I will take into account that this look is apparently unfinished (and if so, WHY THE HELL DID YOU LAUNCH IT?) I still love the original, pre-Belo G3 look. We'll see, but I'm not impressed so far.

Side note: "Live at Five at 4:00" is pretty much something you'd see on SNL or Whose Line, and I have no idea how it has lasted this long in the real world.

Some local news juggernauts can get away with anything.

WLBZ looks like it's next up...

[MEDIA=twitter]939196643827699713[/MEDIA]

I don't like them.

Allow me to b!tch for a second. I f*#)ing HATE those weather graphics. Everything about them, but the weather icons especially. Was it Sinclair or Weather Channel who started that crap with using minimalist sun and clouds? Why? They're hard to see. Is that supposed to be a lightning bolt? Stupid. They're also ungodly huge. I knew most local news viewers are old, but are they all BLIND too? Their size only makes sense if the meteorologist isn't intended to be on screen at all.

I feel the need to wear sunglasses seeing those. Why is the background solid white? There's not even a gradient. It's just...white. Not just the weather graphics, most of their other ones too.

We've collectively joked before about some graphics or logos seemingly being made in Powerpoint, but these could literally be created in Powerpoint.

The teaser cards. What? "NXT"? Seriously? They couldn't be bothered to put the E in there? I'm surprised they didn't label the split screen locations as "STDO" and "WX CNTR."

I get the whole idea of wanting to simply graphics like an app's user interface, but good lord. You're a television broadcast, not a cell phone broadcast. Look like it.

Side note: "Live at Five at 4:00" is pretty much something you'd see on SNL or Whose Line, and I have no idea how it has lasted this long in the real world.

Hey, at least it worked. At first the name was temporary back in 2008 when it moved from 5:00 to 4:00, but WBIR's viewers loved the name after that. Gotta hand it to 'em.

Archived