TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

Honestly, I think the TEGNA music is growing on me.

Same here. I’ve come to realize the vocals actually work better for the morning/noon shows, which I think some stations have picked up on.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I'm slowly coming around too. I think KUSA (the actual opens, not the teases,)

(6pm, they ruin it at 10) and
have the right idea for what I don't want to hear in the evenings and late nights: the vocals. Then again, I never had a problem with the actual melody, just those weird vocals.

I've come to accept the vocals for morning shows. Morning shows are quirky and cheesy, so why not have quirky and cheesy music to match?

Honestly, I'm slowly coming around too. I think KUSA (the actual opens, not the teases,)
(6pm, they ruin it at 10) and
have the right idea for what I don't want to hear in the evenings and late nights: the vocals. Then again, I never had a problem with the actual melody, just those weird vocals.

I've come to accept the vocals for morning shows. Morning shows are quirky and cheesy, so why not have quirky and cheesy music to match?

And me makes four.

Yeah, WFAA is getting ready to transition. This story on Bitcoin made heavy use of the new graphics.

[ATTACH]5572[/ATTACH]

I still think there are some stations without the new graphics, using story pieces with the new graphics (Tegna’s graphic hub probably already doing work with new graphics to distribute to all).

But eventually these stations will finally switch. WFAA has been using the new graphical elements for its “We are WFAA” and “WFAA Originals” promos/stories.

I still think there are some stations without the new graphics, using story pieces with the new graphics (Tegna’s graphic hub probably already doing work with new graphics to distribute to all).

But eventually these stations will finally switch. WFAA has been using the new graphical elements for its “We are WFAA” and “WFAA Originals” promos/stories.

I wonder if they’ll keep the morning graphics package, seeing that they just got it a few months ago and the ticker they use is a reskinned version of the old one.

Well, look what I found.

[MEDIA=vimeo]256896298[/MEDIA]

I saw a KXTV (ABC 10) graphic in there... so it appears both of the TEGNA outliers will eventually get ‘em.

EDIT: Check out the crazy Little Rock weather...

r5L9JTo.png

All of TEGNA's stations' websites have the new layout now, except, as expected, KFMB. Still, no changes in the graphics, but I'm expecting at least one or two stations to get the new graphics within the next few days to a week.

I saw a KXTV (ABC 10) graphic in there... so it appears both of the TEGNA outliers will eventually get ‘em.

EDIT: Check out the crazy Little Rock weather...

r5L9JTo.png

Both of the outliers will more than likely be among the last, and probably will be the last to get the new graphics.

Yeah, WFAA is getting ready to transition. This story on Bitcoin made heavy use of the new graphics.

[ATTACH]5572[/ATTACH]

Good God, it's the blue screen of death.

KUSA's late newscasts now have a handheld studio camera operator. This also means that they've been doing some longer studio bumps with the nice tease music. I think it sounds quite nice, so I uploaded it below. The tease graphics could still use some more work though. Also, I included the close as well as it was a little longer tonight too.

Also the hub likely isn’t the one producing national packages. Chances are it’s some overworked producer or reporter who made the graphics using a MOS plugin into the editing software or ENPS.

Also the hub likely isn’t the one producing national packages. Chances are it’s some overworked producer or reporter who made the graphics using a MOS plugin into the editing software or ENPS.

With C Block's example right before your post, I'd bet that Xpression could do that via MOS, since everything these days design-wise seems like it's matte-based moves.

So they ruined their own package with powerpoint animations. What a shame Tegna.

I hardly think they're going to go bankrupt for this.

"We don't feel like finding WKYC's actual logo to put in the demo reel, so we'll just make a different version and hope nobody notices"[ATTACH=full]5582[/ATTACH]

Unless that was a proposed logo that they decided against using.

Some of the logos in that demo may not be the actual logos that the station uses when they launch this look. I'm pretty sure that is just the demo reel that Troika sent with the files that TEGNA sent them. I've heard of a few TEGNA stations recently looking at revising or replacing their logo when they get these. At least one of them is in that video.

Archived