TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that the NBC chime I'm hearing on an ABC station ?

I dont hear the NBC chime, but KBMT does have NBC on their subchannel 12.2. This newscast was only aired on the ABC subchannel.

I was listening closely and I can hear where you might here the G-E-C in what ever instrument is used. But I didn’t hear anything like the typical xylophone chimes.

I was listening closely and I can hear where you might here the G-E-C in what ever instrument is used. But I didn’t hear anything like the typical xylophone chimes.

When the theme first premiered I was convinced that this portion of the theme was the French take on the NBC chimes, now I'm starting to wonder if it's just a coincidence that it kinda sounds like the NBC G-E-C tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=11eKCc9rrOE;t=8

When the theme first premiered I was convinced that this portion of the theme was the French take on the NBC chimes, now I'm starting to wonder if it's just a coincidence that it kinda sounds like the NBC G-E-C tone.

I definitely hear what your getting at. The music isn’t that bad.

Yeah, I think your first opinion is correct.

At least they don't have that ugly version of the time/temp bug anymore. Oh yeah, when the graphics begin rolling out to the other ABC affiliates, i really do hope KIII in Corpus Christi adopts the proper time/temp bug on their graphics, and uses it on their noon/afternoon newscasts instead only on the morning newscasts.

1001975066_Screenshot(161).thumb.png.9250cb0ea25ac4272156959acbec0dfa.png

311604798_Screenshot(162).thumb.png.3c25e8f125ae8f307215ad755b88fac6.png

56449605_Screenshot(164).thumb.png.af8cc6fd611323c0432ee36827ace9e2.png

I cut down another KUSA 10pm as they've since figured out the open. You can also hear a lot of the new music in an old school KUSA long close.

This also shows the set after work was done on it, but aside from the improve lighting on the stone panels on either side of the video wall, I don't see much of a difference.

After hearing more of the Tegna music, I'm actually starting to like it. The choir and clapping is a little odd for the opening music, but I totally see the connection to the SNCF theme now. But a lot of the bump music and stingers that I've heard are really beautiful so far.

It's... growing on me. The open cut is a little too droning for me but the other parts sound pretty decent. It's distinctive at least. I will go on to admit that the Malfunctioning Fax Machine became one of my guilty pleasure favorites. Maybe this will hit the same spot. Who knows.

TBH, it's not great news music. It has no gravitas and nothing that screams brand recall. It's no traditional, sure, but it says nothing about the product.

It's news-y to me, but more of a cable news type of thing. Not really memorable but more of a bed-ish type music.

I do think they were better off with those early implementations they had with "This is Home". That actually went pretty good with these graphics.

Kudos to Tegna for going outside of the Warner Chappell/Stephen Arnold monolith for their news theme at least. I'd like to see other composers' sounds on news themes and not the same styles we've heard for literally decades now. (I'd donate a kidney to see what Joel Beckerman/Man Made Music could do with a local news theme for example.)

I cut down another KUSA 10pm as they've since figured out the open. You can also hear a lot of the new music in an old school KUSA long close.

This also shows the set after work was done on it, but aside from the improve lighting on the stone panels on either side of the video wall, I don't see much of a difference.

I didn't think that the French music could pair well with KUSA's long closes but somehow they made it work. The music is slowly growing on me too.

The only NBC station left to get the new graphics is KAGS.

On a side note, is WBIR still mentioning they're broadcasting in HD?

It looks like KAGS started using them on Friday. The chief meteorologist, Bob French, even mentions it's part of a rollout among the TEGNA stations.

http://www.kagstv.com/article/weather/forecast/college-station-local-forecast/499-121096947

Archived