TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

If you thought the new "11 Alive" logo was bad.....

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/4/10/rebranding-in-toledo

If someone spent any actual time planning and trying to design this logo, they need to be banned from working in television graphics.

I dread the day to see what they ever do with WNEP....

Obviously you've all never heard of placeholder logos......

6 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

If you thought the new "11 Alive" logo was bad.....

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/4/10/rebranding-in-toledo

If someone spent any actual time planning and trying to design this logo, they need to be banned from working in television graphics.

I dread the day to see what they ever do with WNEP....

WHAT. THE. HECK.

I’m at a loss of words.

WOW! It only took Tegna three months to change the on air look of WTOL & KWES. I wonder how long it'll take to change the websites to the Tegna layout.

Whereas the stations Scripps took over in the Graycom deal not have the websites, but not the on air look.

Moreover, the Boten Stations, the last group that Sinclair acquired before the Tribune fiasco have the Sinclair websites, but not the on air look.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:04 PM, RGSJenkins said:

The official logo, TENGAifed.1842549322_bandicam2019-04-1017-58-34-773.jpg.b5c2264d31cad97a6b7d35773ad1c5c4.jpg

And the 6 o'clock open.

Not too bad, at least they kept it largely unchanged other than taking it out of the box. They didn't go for that ugly experimental logo. For KWES, they didn't need to reinvent the wheel at all since the logo already fit well with the Tegna graphics.

On 4/11/2019 at 7:34 PM, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Why does it look like he's in a cave??

That KWES set is hideous. Hopefully a replacement follows now that the new graphics have launched. Although based on what Tegna has done recently at some of its smaller stations, it will likely be a hand-me-down from a bigger market. 

The lower third on KWES' graphics reminds of  TEGNA/Raycom graphics combined. The font is small and weird looking and it goes out very smoothly. But we'll give em' time, because they have only been using the graphics for about a week. Now back to watching the other 8 stations being sold to TEGNA. I'm really looking forward to seeing how WATN in Memphis interacts with WBIR in Knoxville.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

They need to change that theme indeed. Maybe go back to This is Home or the previous theme before that...

if only the consultants were as bright as the people on tvnewstalk!!! this would definitely put a spike in the ratings..... so many people changed the channel the first time they didn't hear that music..... never to return...

🙄🤣

10 hours ago, Webovision said:

if only the consultants were as bright as the people on tvnewstalk!!! this would definitely put a spike in the ratings..... so many people changed the channel the first time they didn't hear that music..... never to return...

🙄🤣

Umm...ok 🙄🤦‍♂️

Tenga's C Clarity is HORRIBLE compared to the other Station Groups, Scripps mostly uses Inergy and it is Amazing, Sinclair's music Package (CURVES and GLASS) is OK but better, Hearst's Strive is ok too, The O&Os are still the gold standard, TENGA Please get a real music package. 

I must be one of the only people that actually enjoys C Clarity. It's different and that's what I like about it.

Strive is good too, Inergy isn't bad, but Sinclair's theme just sounds like generic production music.

Some of ya'll are like Scott Jones and literally overreact to inconsequential stuff. Case in point:

6 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Tenga's C Clarity is HORRIBLE compared to the other Station Groups, Scripps mostly uses Inergy and it is Amazing, Sinclair's music Package (CURVES and GLASS) is OK but better, Hearst's Strive is ok too, The O&Os are still the gold standard, TENGA Please get a real music package. 

Archived