TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

So I'm checking out WFMY's hurricane coverage, and I'm wondering why didn't TEGNA develop scrolls that match the new graphics. The mix of old and new graphics are very tacky, IMO.

[GALLERY=media, 1084]Screenshot WFMY by PelicanGuy posted Sep 14, 2018 at 3:37 PM[/GALLERY]

Any idea that Tegna is organized is lack of understanding in the highest order.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

KSDK has recently debuted new graphics for their 10pm newscast using the Tegna look. I haven't seen any other stations use these. Does anyone know if KSDK designed these in-house or did the whole group get them?

KSDK has recently debuted new graphics for their 10pm newscast using the Tegna look. I haven't seen any other stations use these. Does anyone know if KSDK designed these in-house or did the whole group get them?

The open screams local.

Also what kit do they use for the faux steadicam segments? From what I’ve seen it looks like a DJI rig with a DSLR and a Teradek box.

The open screams local.

Also what kit do they use for the faux steadicam segments? From what I’ve seen it looks like a DJI rig with a DSLR and a Teradek box.

Yeah, the open has local elements, but I thought it could be a new toolkit and the station just plugs in what they want.

It's sad that #53 KSDK's execution of the L3 is better than #28 KFMB's. KFMB doesn't promote their social media anywhere, the "News8" logo bug is static, and the font is WAY too big compared to other stations. Also, the scores like to overlap in the ticker during sports, and when they have stock information it's aligned against the very top of the blue bar.

Untitled.png

It's sad that #53 KSDK's execution of the L3 is better than #28 KFMB's. KFMB doesn't promote their social media anywhere, the "News8" logo bug is static, and the font is WAY too big compared to other stations. Also, the scores like to overlap in the ticker during sports, and when they have stock information it's aligned against the very top of the blue bar.

Untitled.png

Isn't St. Louis market #21?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you thought the new "11 Alive" logo was bad.....

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/4/10/rebranding-in-toledo

If someone spent any actual time planning and trying to design this logo, they need to be banned from working in television graphics.

I dread the day to see what they ever do with WNEP....

26 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

If you thought the new "11 Alive" logo was bad.....

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/4/10/rebranding-in-toledo

If someone spent any actual time planning and trying to design this logo, they need to be banned from working in television graphics.

I dread the day to see what they ever do with WNEP....

Thankfully, they kept their current logo!

Archived