TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

I’m not sure if the whole video of “We are WFAA” was posted before. I think @Georgie56 may have posted an abbreviated version. If he posted the full one then here’s a good station image promo again. It’s based on a similar We Are TEGNA one. [MEDIA=vimeo]272801059[/MEDIA] Also I believe I’ve seen the original tag used in various TEGNA stations. To me based on this story it doesn’t seem like any other type of enterprise reporting, investigation or perhaps an exclusive. Just a new name. Kind of like CBS’ Original Reporting tagline. [MEDIA=vimeo]265446920[/MEDIA]

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='rkolsen']I’m not sure if the whole video of “We are WFAA” was posted before. I think @Georgie56 may have posted an abbreviated version. If he posted the full one then here’s a good station image promo again. It’s based on a similar We Are TEGNA one. [MEDIA=vimeo]272801059[/MEDIA] Also I believe I’ve seen the original tag used in various TEGNA stations. To me based on this story it doesn’t seem like any other type of enterprise reporting, investigation or perhaps an exclusive. Just a new name. Kind of like CBS’ Original Reporting tagline. [MEDIA=vimeo]265446920[/MEDIA][/QUOTE] I believe KXTV and WUSA are the other stations using the "original" brand for long-form stories. I noted that "We Are WFAA" promo was based off that "We Are TEGNA" one because they have the same VO and close to the same script.

• 2 weeks later...
So, I was on KHOU.com with my adblocker on earlier today and this pop up. Look at it closely. This better not be what I think it is....

(im talking about the logo)

[ATTACH=full]6163[/ATTACH]

my eyes just tried to shut themselves seeing that logo

So, I was on KHOU.com with my adblocker on earlier today and this pop up. Look at it closely. This better not be what I think it is....

EDIT: I've added another variation...

Disgusting. Basically a rip-off of WUSA’s old logo.

[ATTACH=full]6164[/ATTACH]

That's TEGNA folks.

I wouldn't say it's ugly. As someone else said, it matches the TEGNA aesthetic. It's probably something they may do for KFMB. It's probably made so generic to fit a lot of stations.

What am I looking at? A kid designed logo?

• 2 weeks later...
That logo is UGLY.

my eyes just tried to shut themselves seeing that logo

Disgusting.

It looks like it was made in two minutes.

The fact that KHOU’s iconic logo is being replaced by something so generic baffles me.

Imma_keep_it_real.png

• 1 month later...

People have been complaining about bright colors on-screen during breaking news. Well, WTLV/WJXX (First Coast News) has a red bug up during their breaking news coverage today of a mass shooting on the Jacksonville Landing.

1716492166_bandicam2018-08-2615-23-52-898.jpg.610861b80642a5414bd106ac628972cd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm checking out WFMY's hurricane coverage, and I'm wondering why didn't TEGNA develop scrolls that match the new graphics. The mix of old and new graphics are very tacky, IMO.

[GALLERY=media, 1084]Screenshot WFMY by PelicanGuy posted Sep 14, 2018 at 3:37 PM[/GALLERY]

Archived