TEGNA's New Graphics?

IndoTVNewsFan

Let's put it this way, WFAA doesn't know what their brand is. WFAA News, News 8, Channel 8 News. News 8 Daybreak or #IAmUpWithDaybreak?

The official Daybreak hashtag is just #IAmUp.

I agree with you that WFAA is all over the place with their brand. They need to pick one and stick with it.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The official Daybreak hashtag is just #IAmUp.

Well there you go, they don't even know that you can't have a hashtag with spaces.

Reporters have always said “Channel 8 News.”

Sorry. They #IAmUp thing needs to end. And sorry. Those play button things thrown across the studio, yeah. That needs to end too. Come on WFAA.

—Matt

Nothing wrong with revamping a news station. Welcome to DFW, it works for WFAA. Now if only KTVT would get it’s act together.

Seems like I'm in the minority for sure but I really like this look for them. It may not necessarily be an award winning design, but its a much needed refresher and I think it fits the station's direction.

Sorry. They #IAmUp thing needs to end. And sorry. Those play button things thrown across the studio, yeah. That needs to end too. Come on WFAA.

—Matt

It would not surprise me if the 'FAA/Tegna braintrust phased out the Daybreak name all together leaving it as #IAmUp....I kinda like it, it shows spunk, not unlike WMAQ in the late '80's when the introduced their first full morning newscast w/ Bob Sirott and Allison Rosati, named First Thing in The Morning...

[

Seems like I'm in the minority for sure but I really like this look for them. It may not necessarily be an award winning design, but its a much needed refresher and I think it fits the station's direction.

I do think that, for a set-in-a-box, and for not a full-rebuild, I think they did the best they could. Very economical use off the existing set. But I think the old set looked better when it was new than this new set looks while its new.

Reporters have always said “Channel 8 News.”

Nothing wrong with revamping a news station. Welcome to DFW, it works for WFAA. Now if only KTVT would get it’s act together.

KTVT will never get its act together. TEGNA could have a shirtless John McCaa read Kanye West tweets for 30 minutes while Pete and Dale debate abortion, and they'd get better ratings than KTVT. Hell, their ratings would probably go up. Who wouldn't want to watch that!!

It would not surprise me if the 'FAA/Tegna braintrust phased out the Daybreak name all together leaving it as #IAmUp....I kinda like it, it shows spunk, not unlike WMAQ in the late '80's when the introduced their first full morning newscast w/ Bob Sirott and Allison Rosati, named First Thing in The Morning...

[

I can see that. They might call it "I Am Up DFW" kinda like TEGNA did with WUSA for "Get up DC!" Just pray to God that they don't bring on a comedian like WUSA though.

[

Didn’t Bob Sirott get fired from WMAQ for his antics because from this video alone he did entirely too much for the morning! All his jokes fell flat and poor Roberta and Allison sitting there just trying to get through the newscast!! Lol

WFAA's 6pm Open

THIS has turned me around on the new look. The music, the transitions, the execution is slick on the level of the BBC. That's high praise on my part.

THIS has turned me around on the new look. The music, the transitions, the execution is slick on the level of the BBC. That's high praise on my part.

The BBC? Slick? Good execution? No chance

Leave it to Channel 8 to make the best of a standardized package. They did it with the previous package and they did it again with this package.

• 2 weeks later...
This popped up during their morning broadcast yesterday.

0ViNieL.png

Sorry if I ask this stupid question but... what was the point of this image? Different looking logo or font or what? I'm missing what I'm trying to look at.

Sorry if I ask this stupid question but... what was the point of this image? Different looking logo or font or what? I'm missing what I'm trying to look at.

That’s the old logo in the box.

Huh.

That logo in the box was from their now previous logo, and not the redesigned one they launched with the new graphics last month.

Archived